The Russian arms company “promtechnologii” specializiruetsya on the production of high-precision sporting rifles, which is the basis for hunting rifles, produced under the brand name Orsis (e.g., AR-10, Alpine, hunter M, T-5000, 120 and others).
Model Orsis SE Varmint and subsequent modification of the index “M” combine the qualities and the sports projectile, and utilitarian equipment of the hunter.
Description of the rifle Orsis SE Varmint
Repeating rifle with a longitudinally-sliding rotating bolt and heavy, thick walled barrel cantilever design with flutes and muzzle brake.Polupoltina bed, laminated wood stock with a height adjustable comb and butt pad cushioning.
The model with the index “M” has a four-chambered muzzle brake, which is mounted on the barrel. Prior to that, he was a three-chamber integrated in the barrel. In addition, changes in the design of the slide. Its stem has a complex shape with several spiral grooves, which he reminds gear of the worm gear.
- The carbine is a weapon. It is used for precision shooting at distances of up to 1 thousand meters in the discipline benchrest.
- Used for hunting are limited due to the large weight.
Photos of the rifle Orsis SE Varmint
Advantages and disadvantages
- Precision machining of the bore, the rifling obtained by donovania – technology used in the manufacture of high-precision sniper weapon.
- Excellent ballistics and shooting performance. The value of MOA when shooting at a distance of 100 meters not more than 0.3.
- The shooter can adjust the stock in full accordance with their physiological characteristics, skills and preferences. His comb and the recoil pad is equipped with threaded Vernier to do this with maximum precision.
- The bolt body of complex shape could substantially reduce the area of contact to the receiver, so the shutter moves very smoothly, without effort. However, the grooves on its surface, collect dirt, which can not affect the reliability of the weapon. It needs a thorough a regular cleaning and careful handling.
- The trigger Assembly can be removed from combat platoon, by clicking on the backplate of the drummer.
- Muzzle brake greatly reduces the recoil force, however, the sound of a gunshot is very loud, what is acceptable in target shooting, if you have ear protection, but for hunting it can become a source of discomfort.
- The carbine is equipped with a long Picatinny rail that allows you to install optical sights of any design and effectively build up from parallax. The lack of a rear sight and front sight somewhat limits its use for hunting at short distances.
- On the shank there is a dedicated socket for mounting bipod and sling swivel is not removable, as on most hunting rifles.
- The bed of a laminate questioned that a carabiner can be used anywhere, regardless of the weather conditions. If violations of manufacturing technology, this material is prone to delamination after multiple cycles of swelling and drying. In addition, it is always heavier than natural wood, and plastic.
The manufacturer has lodges in the following colors:
- Royal Jacanda.
In addition, the decorative coating of the trunk (Ceracote) can be color:
- Black Grafite,
- Desert Sand,
- Sniper Grey,
|Type||The rifle with a longitudinally sliding gate|
|Trunk||Console, thick-walled, fluted|
|Gauges||.223 Rem, .243 Win, 6,5×55 SE, .308 Win||. 300 Win Mag, .338 LM|
|Barrel length (mm)||610||660|
|Total length (mm)||1175|
|Weight with magazine and scope (kg)||5|
A repeating rifle with a longitudinally sliding gate.
- Trunk console (posted), thick-walled, fluted. On the receiver cut fixed four-chamber brake compensator. Receiver is a cylindrical, milled from a solid billet. Connection with the barrel fixed.
- The bolt with two lugs. The box of the fuse firing mechanism is located on the back plate of the drummer. It has two positions: Fire (open red point) and Stop. In addition, there is the possibility of manual removal from combat platoon. To do this, click on the shank of the firing pin, having the form of a convex button with the red circular marking on the edge.
- The trigger mechanism is adjustable along the stroke length of the hook. Descent with idle speed and a warning. Mode shneller no.
- On the cover of the receiver is fitted with a long Picatinny rail. The rear sight and front sight design is not provided.
- Store removable, latch the hopper can have one of two versions: button in the front branch of the trigger guard lever between the hopper or the trigger guard.
- Bed polupoltina, of laminated wood. The handle is set almost vertically. The comb of the butt and the butt pad is adjustable in height. The forearm has a specialized socket for installing the supporting bipod.
Picking and packing
Fits in plastic case. The carbine is supplied with a shop and a Picatinny rail. Muzzle brake DTK 006 on separately. Can be optionally put a leather cover for the shutter, allowing you to wear it for the competition separately from the weapon. Attached passport, minutes of the shooting, warranty card, manual.
The principle of operation
Before loading the carabiner is placed on the fuse, what is the box on the back plate of the drummer moves ago. Store is extracted by pressing the latch lever of the hopper located in the front branch of the trigger guard. He single-row, the cartridges are stacked alternately, utaplivaja the previous and inserting the following from the front edge to the rear. For this reason, loading in through the window of ejector sleeves is difficult.
To bring in the firing position the check box of the fuse moves forward (visible red dot). Bolt handle is lifted, the stem is moved back. In the reverse movement of the cylinder bolt picks up a round from the magazine and docile it into the chamber. Platoon projectile occurs when you rotate the handle down.
About finding the weapon in the cocked state is signaled by the red ring around the shank of the firing pin. To deactivate the rifle, you should press on the shank and drown it so that the color ring was not seen.
First retrieves the store, then the shutter opens and plays back. After that, making sure that the chamber has no cartridge and the breech is empty, you must click on the left side of the receiver. The stopper is removed by pulling it by the handle.
To separate the box from the trunk, remove the two screws: one behind the trigger guard, the other in front of the bunker store.
Reviews and price of the rifle Orsis SE Varmint M (Orsis SE varmint rifle, M) is given below.
Depending on caliber and configuration the carbine is from 155 to 170 thousand rubles.
Owners say the good ballistic properties of the barrel and the accuracy of the battle rifle. The value of the MOA does not exceed 0.3. At the same time, on the Internet there are criticisms about the quality of the firing mechanism, failure of which lead to spontaneous shots.