The Remington 1100 is a model of smooth-bore semi-automatic weapons, which is available since 1963. It is considered a cult classic, “old school” design, based on which there have been many other hunting rifles produced around the world, including in Russia.
Description Remington 1100
Semi-automatic shotgun, the construction of which the Remington model 870 is a pump-action weapon with the principle of reloading. Instead of rolling of the forearm, on the outer surface of the store has a gas engine, and in the neck of the Lodge mounted return spring.
Advantages and disadvantages
- Rugged construction – the gun consumes all kinds of ammo, he’s got good workmanship.
- The larva paddle composite – it has a swing part that, when locking the barrel engages a tooth for a notch in the shank of the breech. This allowed the use of the design of the receiver is aluminum alloy, making it easier for the gun.
- Base model American Classic is very beautiful, its receiver is engraved with a gold notch, the bed is made of high quality wood American walnut and impeccably decorated.
- In the American fashion missed 16-gauge, considered Russia’s universal. A set of suggestions consists of the 12th, traditionally related to the magnums, and 20th, which has in our country wide application.
Unfortunately, the length of the cartridge chamber 70 mm only, so the scope is limited to rifle hunting in Peru.
- There is a possibility of installation of interchangeable muzzle narrowing. They are screwed to the muzzle slice, extending the barrel. The advantage of this design is a simpler algorithm: if the threads do not wedge, then change the nozzle it is possible and without a key.
- Now available only for domestic North American market. In Russia you can find only a Commission with the shooting practice.
- Barrels non chrome plated, but the corrosion resistance is quite high.
- Due to the location of the return spring in the neck of the box is not possible to upgrade weapons, making the butt or replacing it with a folding pistol grip.
- The surface of the store in contact with the exhaust of powder gases, not protected by anything, so it requires a lot of attention and regular cleaning. The gas engine is quite simple, it consists of a piston and two rings anturyuma, so complaints about its work during the production of rifles (over 50 years) is not found.
In comparison with the Russian “Bekas-Auto” shotgun heavier at the same length of the barrel for 250 grams. It’s a minor difference, but it will noticeably affect the whole day in the field. In addition, the functionality of American missing arm perehvatyvaet cartridges, which allows you to instantly change the type of the munition.
Photos rifle Remington 1100 American Classic
- This weapon for hunting in Peru, as well as for shooting on the bench.
- In the past produced a model that was used by ranks of the police and used in self-defense. They differed shortened barrel and pistol grip stock.
Currently, the company Remington Arms produces rifles of the 12th and the 20th of calibers for civilian use. The police models from the range of 1100 are excluded.
- American Classic. Model with chic poliestireno box of high quality wood American walnut. Blued finished receiver engraved with gold cross-gold plated-made and the trigger. The set of sighting devices consist of high vented trims and bronze flies. Buttstock with straight comb, inclined to the axis of the barrel. The shock-absorbing recoil pad.
- Classic Trap. Shotgun with extended (762 mm) barrel. Exclusively 12-gauge. The bed is made of cheaper walnut wood. In addition, the butt has a cushion “Monte Carlo,” with its crest parallel to the axis of the barrel.
- Competition Synthetic. A sporting rifle, long (as in the previous model) barrel. Lodge, synthetic, polupoltina, height adjustable comb and butt length of the backplate. Receiver is Nickel plated, the barrel is blued.
- Sporting Series. A sporting rifle with a shorter barrel and extended set caliber: added 28 and .410 bore. Polupoltina bed, dark wood American walnut, straight comb butt, obliquely to the axis of the barrel. Blued receiver, no engraving.
- 200 th Anniversary LTD. Jubilee ringtonesia model only 12-gauge, with a particularly elegant finish of the receiver and high quality polished stock of dark wood American walnut.
Number 1100 from Remington there is a sample showing Taktikal, but it differs significantly from the previously specified models,as the functional and to the point.
|Type||Self-loading rifle with a gas engine|
|Caliber||12, 20 the chamber 70 mm||12 cartridge chamber 70 mm||12 cartridge chamber 70 mm||12, 20
|Trunk||Smooth, cold forged, polochak in the base case (replacement nozzle)|
|The length of the barrel||711||762||762||711
|Weight||3,18 – 20
3,63 – 12
Smoothbore self-loading rifle with a gas engine.
- Barrel, cold forged, smooth all over, carbon steel, non chrome plated. The chamber 70 mm for all models. The shank of the breech long, with socket to the stop swinging larvae shutter. Channel of the gas chamber is located at half the length of the barrel.
- There is a possibility of installation of interchangeable muzzle narrowing. Nozzles are arranged on the outside of the barrel, extending it.
- Gas engine consists of a piston, two abdulrosa rings and pusher with two rods rigidly connected to the base of the bolt. It is located on the outer surface of the tubular barrel, a store and a closed fore-grip.
- The receiver is of aluminum alloy. Window are ejected to the right, mounting optics is not provided.
- The spring located in the tube, extending inside the neck of the Lodge.
- The larva of the shutter is cylindrical, with an oscillating lever on which a tooth will for the shank of the breech at lock.
- The trigger mechanism is equipped with a lever-delay, which stops the shutter when shooting the last bullet. The withdraw button is located between the hopper loading of cartridges and the front branch of the trigger guard. Adjustment of the stroke length of the hook and the effort it is not provided.
- The safety button is located on the posterior branches of the trigger guard it turns on and off moving it perpendicular to the axis of the barrel: shift to the left is the position of the Fire. On the left side of the button is the notched J-shaped cutout for the security key, the locking mechanisms of the gun.
- The set of sighting devices are a ventilated lath consists of a bronze fly.
- Bed polupoltina. Solid wood American walnut or plastic. The butt can have a pillow “Monte Carlo” and adjustable along the length of the backplate. The wooden lodges notches for ease of grip have extravagant form in the form of floral ornament.
Picking and packing
The gun comes in a cardboard packaging. The barrel is cleared.
Supplied with nozzle muzzle narrowing “of pauchok” (preset) key to change nozzles, the key security system. Attached instructions and the passport.
The principle of operation
During the shot part of the gases from the bore is a piston which moves the bolt and opens the bore. Extractives is removed and a spent shell casing, hammer cocked trigger mechanism, a cartridge to be fed into the hopper. The return of the bolt occurs under the action of the spring located in the neck of the Lodge. On the way back to the Elevator delivers the cartridge to the line of loading, cylinder bolt picks up his toilet in the trunk and locks the breech, caught the tooth for his shank.
- Before the gear shop put the arms on the fuse. Feed cartridge into the store through a window in the bottom face of the receiver, pushing the lever of the Elevator into the depths. Ammunition fit muzzle of a cartridge case forward and tie in the shop. Turn off the fuse and distort the bolt. The weapon is ready to fire.
- A single cartridge can charge the empty store. To do this, move the bolt back, put the ammunition Elevator for feeding through the window of the extractor and press the lever of removal from the slide stop.
- To deactivate the weapon, turn the safety button shaped security key is supplied so that the risk on the box coincided with the Lock tag on the trigger guard.
- Discharge the weapon several times twitching the bolt to the point, how it will be on delay.
- Remove the molded nut on the front face of the forearm. Remove it by sliding to the muzzle slice.
- Output from the barrel mates to the receiver.
- Remove obituarie ring and gas piston tube of the store.
- Press the lever of removal from the slide stop.
- Pull the handle of the bolt.
- Knock out the two pins that secure the trigger mechanism to the receiver, remove it.
- Turn the receiver bottom up, and with her left hand, from the inside, press the lever of the disconnector feeder cartridges.
- Remove the pipe shop utilitech rods and the base of the bolt.
- Remove the bolt with the striker
- Knock the pin on the back plate of the larvae of the shutter and remove the firing pin, remove the locking lever.
- Remove the pin from the recoil spring lever, similar to tweezers.
Remington Arms company has established a minimum recommended price of the gun the Remington 1100 (the gauges from 12 to 20):
- Classic – 1682 $;
- Trap – 1334 $;
- Competition – 1305 $;
- Sporting – 1254 $;
- 200 th Anniversary 1999 $.
The rifle has a sharp and heap fight. Recoil is moderate. Maintenance free, does not require a lot of attention, no problem shooting rounds with repeatedly recharged cartridges