In 2015, the company Remington Arms (known models 1100, 700 BDL, R-25, R11 RSASS, 700 Police, etc.) began producing the semiautomatic shotgun the Remington Versa Max, the design of which is radically different from anything produced by it informed. Suffice it to say that reloading happens in it, not by traditional gas engine with direct action and a short course of the trunk with rotation of the cylinder lock.
Description the Remington Versa Max shotgun (Remington versa Max)
Grabovoi semi-automatic shotgun with tubular under-barrel mechanism. It utilizes an original system of Versa Point venting system patented by Remington Arms.
It consists of three groups of holes (total of seven) located in the chamber. Due to this, automatically regulated by the amount selected for recharge of the powder gases: the shorter the sleeve, the greater number of drainage holes is available. Therefore, the impulse to reload in any case remains unchanged, independent of the sample powder.
Advantages and disadvantages
When designing guns, special attention was paid to ensure its reliability and survivability.
- In the manufacture of the barrel use 4140 steel used in critical components of turbines and compressors, the bore is plated with Nickel, and the outside – Nickel anti-corrosion paint TriNyte.
- All parts exposed to hot gases and involved in the process of reloading, covered with a Teflon coating, resistant to high temperatures and having a low coefficient of friction.
- The design of the chamber allows to use munitions of any size: from malaymuslim, with a sleeve length of 70 mm, to magnums (76 mm) and supermagnum (89 mm).
- On regular store you can put the extension, increasing its capacity.
- Thanks to the locking system with a short recoil and rotating cylinder bolt, recoil is almost imperceptible. Even when using supermagnum 12-gauge.
- Complete external sighting devices used are not traditional bronze fly, and color of a fiber-optic thread, which facilitates aiming. In addition, it is complemented by the “stump” in the middle of the rear sight that allows you to control the position of the barrel with precision and accuracy.
- It is possible to install the receiver optical sight.
- Changeable muzzle narrowing are installed outside, so no need to use a special key.
- Self-regulating gas system allows you to reliably operate the weapon with any batches of gunpowder. In contrast, for example, of the MP-155 and “Bekas-Auto” to prefer maximum gear. At the same time, there is reason to believe that the shot malaymuslim cartridge large portion of sampled gases greatly decreases the density shot talus. Clay pigeon shooting excessively scattered sheaf of shot even better, but on the real bird it can produce wounded game.
- Improved ergonomics of the weapon: increased the size of the handle bolt, removing the button from the slide stop and check the fuse. There is a possibility to adjust the tilt of the butt to the receiver, using the gaskets supplied. At the same time, some shooters have noted that the butt for them too long, hard to get to the trigger.
With all due respect to the engineers Remington Arms, it is impossible to understand why they are so hard to bypass perehvatyvaet cartridges – the device is implemented in “Bekas-Auto”. This would increase the usability of the weapon, instantly changing the type of equipment of the cartridge, if the need arises.
Photo Remington Versa Max
First and foremost, the gun was designed for hunting waterfowl and upland bird. At the same time, it is possible to hunt ungulates or predators of medium size. Used it for shooting sports, self defense and weapons for the police officers.
Varieties Of The Versa Max
The gun is produced only in the 12th caliber. The model range is very wide.
- Synthetic. The underlying model. The barrel length of 660 mm. or 711 Bed polupoltina, synthetic, with friction inserts of rubber on the handle and handguard. Sights – vented placket and front sight the yellow fiber-optic strands.
- Sportsman. Not changed from the previous model, no caliber, no barrel length of. The bed is somewhat simpler (or rather ascetic) design. Yellow fiber-optic thread with white luminous “stump”.
- Mossy Oak Waterfowl Real Tree. Options with different type of camouflage coloring box. Barrel length 660 or 711 mm.
- Tactical. Model with shortened (559 mm) barrel and increased to 8 rounds supermagnum (12) the volume of the store. The barrel is mounted muzzle brake. The set of sighting devices from the ventilated strap and front sight with a fiber-optic thread supplemented with pre-installed Picatinny rail. Bed polupoltina, plastic, with friction rubber inserts on the handle and handguard.
- Competition Tactical. Short barrel, magazine capacity of 10 rounds. The receiver is green, the sights – vented placket and front sight with a fiber-optic thread. Additional “stub” is moved to the breech. DTK is installed interchangeable muzzle narrowing.
- Turkey Camo. Cropped (559 mm) slug barrel with rifling a bullet of the type “Paradox.” Sights – the rear sight on prismatic base and front sight with a fiber-optic thread. The color of the boxes and the barrel camo.
Mossy Oak Waterfowl
|Self-loading rifle with short barrel
|12, universal chamber under the sleeve 70, 76 and 89 mm
|Smooth, Packed with muzzle of the contractions
|Rifled (Rifle Sights)
|Barrel length (mm)
Semi-automatic weapon, reloading is carried out with a short course of the trunk.
- Barrel, cold forged, structural steel 4140, Nickel plated channel. In models with a smooth barrel is threaded for the installation of changeable muzzle contractions. Nozzles are screwed from the outside, extending the length of the barrel. In the model shot barrel with wide shallow grooves.
- Into the breech of the barrel, three groups of venting holes (total 7), which partially overlap, long sleeve, or fully open if short. So regulate the amount of exhaust gases. Gas engine two pistons situated parallel to each other.
- Overcharge is a short recoil and rotating the cylinder lock. Something similar is used in the Tula gun GSH-18, but he had the shutter fixed, and rotated the barrel.
- The bolt runs on rails of the receiver to its shank pivotally attached pusher return spring. This design is similar to the mechanism of the Mossberg 930. In the semi-automatic Remington past editions of this piece were removable and not particularly reliable. Return spring installed in the tube located in the cavity of the neck of the Lodge.
- The receiver is of aluminum alloy, with a window are ejected from the right side and a bunker load of ammo on the bottom.
- Shop grenade, it can be lengthened by increasing the capacity.
- Trigger mechanism with no control. There is a slide catch. The lever (button) removal is under the window of ejector sleeves. The fuse box is a button located in the posterior branches of the trigger guard. It moves perpendicular to the axis of the barrel. The position Fire – left shift.
- There is a lever located above the trigger guard on the right, which blocks the platoon drummer in the abduction of the bolt. It is used when removing cartridges from the store.
- The set of sighting devices consists of a vented lath and flies from a fiber-optic filament. For ease of aiming, there is an intermediate “stub”.
- Bed polupoltina, plastic. Supplied with a set of shims that allow you to change the tilt and angle of the butt. The shock-absorbing recoil pad.
Picking and packing
The weapon comes in a hard case. The barrel is cleared. Supplied with four interchangeable muzzle narrowing, a set of tools – wrenches for nozzles and disassembly of the gas mechanism, safety lock on the trigger guard, a set of shims to customize the stock. Attached instructions and the passport.
The principle of operation
During the shot part of the gas enters the two cylinders, in which are installed spring-loaded pistons. The momentum shifts the barrel, causing the shutter cylinder is rotated in Capernaum the groove and disengaged from the breech.
After that, the shutter urged by the recoil momentum, slides back, compresses the return spring and remove the discharged shell from the receiver and the barrel is returned to the original place. At the same time, the hammer cocked firing mechanism, the cartridge is fed to the Elevator.
In the reverse movement of the shutter Elevator raises the cartridge to the line of loading, the larva picks it up and takes into the breech of the barrel. At the last stage the larva turns, caught in a groove of the breech.
The cartridges fit into the store through a window in the bottom face of the receiver. For this we need to move into the Elevator and put the ammunition muzzle of a cartridge case forward, achieving its fixation in the store.
If you need to charge one cartridge, pull the bolt back and put the weapon on the gate delay. Put the ammunition on the Elevator feeder through the window of ejector sleeves. Press the release button with the slide stop.
If you need to remove the cartridges from the store, press the lever located above the trigger guard. In this position the slide may not go back completely, uzveda drummer. Distort the bolt a few times, make sure the chamber is clean and the store is empty (when recessed into the interior of the Elevator visible red or yellow feeder cartridges).
- Slide the lever on the trigger guard, rack it a few times and empty the gun.
- Remove the molded nut at the end of the store.
- Remove the spring store with the applicant cartridges.
- Remove the handguard.
- Print the barrel Assembly with gas mechanism from receiver, remove the axle ring from the pipe shop.
- Remove the handle bolt.
- The output gate of the receiver through the front (receiver) window.
- Knock the pins attaching the trigger mechanism, remove it from the receiver.
If necessary disassembling the gas engine, put the barrel vertically, Unscrew two bolts with an internal hex slot and remove both pistons from the cylinders.
- Remington Versa Max Tactical with a barrel length 559 mm 93 thousand rubles.
- The Waterfowl model with a barrel length of 660 mm – 106 thousand rubles.
- A long-barreled model Synthetic – 160 thousand rubles.
The gun is extremely reliable, even after shooting several hundred rounds in a row, it continues to function normally. Recoil is comparable to the models of 20-gauge.