Option of quick change barrels provide a gun company. But the company Steyr Mannlicher went the farthest. Its the Luxus model has a modular design, enabling the owner of the rifle to an Arsenal one license.
Description rifle Steyr Mannlicher Luxus
Rifle with a longitudinally sliding gate and removable store. The barrel is made by cold rotary forging, the external surface of the left spiral grooves, it looks as if twisted. It is a brand new feature of rifles Steyr Mannlicher.
A feature of the design is modularity. By loosening one screw on the shank is removed it itself and the barrel. The owner can change the design of the receiver, choosing a style overlays – wood, Nickel silver, engraving.
The rifle has a gorgeous performance: used the finest wood, the surface of the metal parts is processed, a receiver decorated with laser engraving. The weapon belongs to the category of elite, and is more than half a million rubles.
Advantages and disadvantages
Impeccable workmanship, great ergonomics of the Lodge and of the whole structure.
- Applied system SBS 96 – three-position dial on the neck of the buttstock, operating, trigger mechanism. It provides a high level of safety in the use of weapons.
- The modular design allows you to easily change the barrels, and within the same caliber group does not need to change the stem bolt.
- The shutter got two additional pairs of lugs, and a rotatable ring overlying the slots in the breech ring when rotating the larvae. Due to this increased density lock, have improved ballistic properties of the barrel.
- In rifle there are no plastic parts that are commonly used in all models of Steyr Mannlicher. For example, the trigger guard, shop, wheel, system SBS 96. For lovers of the classics – this is a huge plus.
- Pre-installed Picatinny rail, a set of external sighting device, adjustable horizontal rear sight and front sight, the height of which can be changed.
- The shop has two positions – mounted to the place and advanced to half. This is useful for deactivated rifles in field conditions, because to remove the store to prevent the supply of a cartridge in the chamber, is not required.
- The trigger Assembly has a mode of shneller, it is possible to adjust the stroke length and the force on the trigger.
- The rifle can be adapted for people with basic the left hand.
- The bolt is very tight included in the slots of the receiver. Moving smooth and no jams in the extreme positions. Arrow is not required to develop the skill of uniform motion when operating handle shutter. However, the density of mating parts, even in ideal conditions – dry, relatively heat causes the shutter to move somewhat more difficult than, for example, in Remington 700. In addition, when using improper lubrication and thickening in the cold the shutter can be completely blocked.
- Ease of disassembly – removing the barrel and forearm, it is sufficient to Unscrew one screw, suggests that the design is not sufficiently reliable, especially when using Magnum ammo. The inevitable tolerances in the joints of the barrel and receiver will affect the shooting performance of the rifle. With intensive use it will lose goals.
Photos of the Steyr Mannlicher rifle – Luxus mod. 243
This rifle primarily for chassis and driven hunts. When using optics it is possible to defeat targets at distances up to 300 meters.
As standard the receiver the rifle has a lining of aluminium coated laser engraved. Bed from walnut wood regular class.
Options of decoration of the receiver:
- plates of wood;
- Nickel silver overlay engraved by hand;
- Nickel silver overlay hand-engraved and chiselled gold.
In addition, the bolt handle can be in the form of a flat tablet with a convex edge, and ball. Available with gold plated trigger. Optional bed models made of wood grade “extra”, with fanciful natural pattern.
Review the characteristics of Steyr Mannlicher Luxus is given below.
|A repeating rifle with a bolt breech
|.243 Win., 6.5×55 SE, .270 Win., 7×64, 7mm-08 Rem, .308 Win., .30-06 Spr., 8x57IS, 9.3×62
|7 mm Rem. Mag., .300 Win. Mag., .270 WSM, .300 WSM, 8x68S, .375 H&H Mag.
|Barrel length (mm)
|580 (mountain carbine), 600
|Total length (mm)
|1023 (mountain carbine), 1115
|3,3 (mountain carbine), 3,4
Rifle with a longitudinally sliding (bolt) bolt.
- The barrel is stainless steel made by cold rotary forging. The outer coating – Mannox, it’s dark, anti-glare. To connect with the receiver on the bottom of the breech, there are two rectangular axle, dampening returns. The top of the breech has a plate ledge, closes the receiver at the top. It mounted Picatinny rail.
- The receiver is metal, milled from a solid billet. It has a rectangular cross section, it is located in the bin store and the trigger.
- The trigger mechanism is adjustable stroke length, the force on the hook. Mode of shneller. Safe control system of USM – SBS 96 – has three positions:
- the red dot on the wheel – Fire mode;
- white dot on the wheel – Stop mode;
- white dot and a tab – Lock.
- There are a couple of external sighting devices. The rear sight is adjustable horizontally, open the fly – height.
- Foregrip removable, with female completion. It has a rectangular cross-section, the side surfaces of the applied notch for ease of grip.
- The pistol grip is flat, well-developed, with a large area of the incision. Butt with a comb-type “hog-back” and Bavarian cheek. The shock-absorbing recoil pad, fixed.
Picking and packing
The rifle comes in a hard carrying case. In the package store, additional bolt (on another group caliber), a set of tools for disassembly, adjustment of the trigger, rear sight and front sight. In the expanded configuration may be a barrel of another caliber. Instruction manual, certificate, passport.
The principle of operation
- Before loading the rifle wheel security is put in the position of the Stop visible white dot on the wheel. Store removed, why it is necessary to simultaneously press the two latches on the bottom of the receiver. The cartridges are stacked in two rows. The store is set in place with a distinctive click.
- If you want to add another cartridge in the chamber, it is necessary to raise the handle 600, take the bolt and put the ammunition out the window of release liners. After that, the gate closes and there is a platoon of the projectile, indicates the shank of the striker, getting out at 3 mm from the butt pad bolt.
- To enable the mode of shneller the trigger is shifted forward, off and backward. USM weapons in this case must be in position STOP.
- For a shot the wheel is turning from the butt to the back plate of the receiver, until the red button. In the Fire position the bolt is free, he is held only lugs larvae within the hook with the breech of the barrel.
Lock security – on the wheel there is a gray spring loaded button is used when transporting the rifle, and disassembly. In the first case, the bolt handle is forcibly recessed in the groove of the box and locked it. To restore her mobility, it is necessary to press the trigger or move the wheel to the Stop position. If the handle does not wedge, that is, the probability of loss of the stopper during transition.
- Eject from the hopper.
- Raise the bolt handle, put the wheel on SBS in the Lock position.
- Pull the bolt back and take it out of the receiver.
To change the trunk take the key supplied with – slotted screwdriver in the set of emerging tools.
- Remove the screw located on the bottom face of forearm, front of the bunker store.
- Slide the handguard to the muzzle and separate it from the receiver.
- Tilt the barrel and remove it from the rectangular axle mates to the receiver.
- Remove the screw behind the trigger guard and separate the receiver from the stock.
Guns, gates and stores of one group are marked with the same mnemonically – triangle, star, circle. They are applied to the breech, a maggot or feeder store.
Price and owner reviews on the carbine Steyr Mannlicher Luxus is given below.
The price of the rifle starts from 250 thousand rubles. It depends on the caliber, design and delivery.
The rifle requires careful and attentive attitude. Accuracy of battle not larger than one MOA. Recoil caliber Magnum sharp and strong.