Carbine SM12 was presented by the company Steyr Mannlicher relatively recently – in July 2012. It is almost a copy of the Classic rifles, and revolutionary in its design was sansibar – lever manual cocking of the hammer firing pin.
It is a reliable hunting gun, which is not without grace and has excellent shooting qualities. The breadth of the range of calibers allows you to select it as your primary weapons as hunters of small hoofed animals, and fans of the African Safari.
Description of the rifle Steyr Mannlicher SM12
- A repeating rifle with the bolt that slides inside the receiver (bolt). Trunks console made by cold rotary forging, with brand malichiwski a spiral pattern on the outer surface. They are stainless steel, have a dark non-glare protective coating Mannox.
- Has a set of external sights – rear sight and front sight, as well as six mounting holes on the cover of the receiver for mounting straps or brackets under the scopes.
- Bed polupoltina, hazelnut wood. Monolithic receiver and the trigger Assembly is installed in the groove. Graceful handguard ends with the outlet. Butt with so-called Bavarian cheek and comb type “hog back”. The shock-absorbing recoil pad, fixed.
Advantages and disadvantages
The quality of the famous Steyr Mannlicher. The rifle is flawless, to find flaws in it – a lot of hard work.
- The design of traditional mazurovskoe bolt with two docking ledges supplemented by a turning ring, which closes the slots in the breech and prevent blowby. Because of this, and also the precision finishing of the channel, the barrel has excellent ballistics.
- Barreled round shape box milled from a solid billet, bolt it glides smoothly. With the barrel it is connected tightly, there is no doubt that the weapons will stand the shot of ammunition increased power.
- The rifle’s shooting qualities of a sniper, the value of the MOA does not extend beyond the 0.5.
- Security system SBS 96 with a fairly complex algorithm replaced spenserom – lever manual cocking of the hammer. Thanks to this the weapon was easier and safer to operate.
- The trigger mechanism with adjustable stroke of the hook and shneller.
- The store can be locked in the extended position, allowing the shutter to close without chambering of the cartridge.
- Impeccably crafted Lodge with excellent ergonomics, shoot from the offhand which is very convenient.
The rifle STEYR MANNLICHER SM12 (photo)
- The range of calibers allows the manufacturer to choose a series SM12 rifle for hunting small game and elephants or rhinos.
- It is suitable for chassis, driven, and hunts from ambush and Labazov.
- With optical sight it is possible to defeat targets at ranges up to five hundred meters.
In addition to the basic model with a wooden stock, the company produces model SM12 SX – plastic stock dark-olive color, the stock has a straight comb.
Technical characteristics of the rifle Steyr Mannlicher SM12 given below.
|Conventional gauges||Caliber Magnum|
|Type||A repeating rifle with a longitudinally sliding gate|
|Gauges||243 Win., 308 Win., 7mm-08 Rem, 7×64, 270 Win., 30-06 Spr., 6.5×55 SE, 8×57 JS, 9.3×62||7mm Rem. Mag., 300 Win. Mag., 300 Weath. Mag., 8×68 S, 270 WSM, 300 WSM|
|Length of stems (mm)||508 (mountain carbine), 558||630|
- Repeating rifle with bolt lock. Trunks console, stainless steel with a decorative coating Mannox. The grooves obtained by cold rotary forging, therefore, on the outer surface of the barrel left by the spiral grooves.
- Receiver is a cylindrical, milled from a solid billet. She closed type. Connection with the barrel threaded, all-in-one. On the top face of the six holes with metric thread for mounting optical sights.
- The bolt with two lugs and a rotary ring that covers the cut in the breech of the barrel. The handle is a traditional Mannlicher shape: flattened (butter knife) with a “tablet” with a convex edge, at the end.
- Trigger mechanism with a manual cocking lever (sansibar), which is located on the neck butt. Adjustable trigger pull and stroke length. There is a mode of shneller, including displacement of the trigger forward.
- Set the outer sighting devices consist of a rear sight, adjustable horizontally, and open fly, the height of which can be changed.
- Shop double row, bunker has two positions: fully inserted and half removed. Latches are at the top on both sides.
- Bed palaestrina, the handle is flat, arched, high. Butt with the crest of the “boar’s back” and the so-called Bavarian cheek. The shock-absorbing recoil pad. Foregrip with female completion. On the shank and the handle notches for easy hold.
Picking and packing
The store comes in a hard carrying case. The store is cleared, laid separately. Supplied can be a strap for wearing. Be sure to have the keys to adjust the trigger and rear sight with the front sight.
The principle of operation
- Sansibar – manual cocking lever has two positions. The upper marked with the red dot allows you to cock the striker and fire. The bottom, marked with a white dot, removes the drummer from cocking.
- To charge the rifle, put sansibar in a position where visible white dot. Remove the magazine by pressing on both latches at the bottom edge of the hopper. The cartridges are stacked in two rows.
- To the additional hand in these cartridge in the chamber in two ways: pushing the shutter and filed out of the store, after which it should be replenished, or through the window of ejector sleeves. Sansibar must be in a safe position (white dot).
- Mode shneller is turned on by moving the trigger forward. Sansibar this automatically becomes the “Fire”. Trigger travel is very short. Failure of the sear and trigger an unintended shot is possible even with a small shake of the Lodge. So to use this mode only if you are standing in the room and are going to shoot at a target that appears for a brief moment.
During skradyvaya game, when the weapon is cocked, the drummer, he needs to be off. To do this, remove the drummer from the platoon (position with the white dot), and move the trigger back.
The shutter is removed to facilitate cleaning of the barrel.
- Remove the magazine.
- Put sansibar in the safe position (white dot).
- Turn the knob up to the angle somewhat greater than conventional loading.
- Press the trigger to remove the bolt.
To separate the receiver with the barrel from the box, remove the two screws on either side of the trigger guard.
Dismantling the bolt is usually made in the weapons workshop. In extreme cases this can be done independently.
- Take the stopper from the larvae left hand.
- The thumb of the right hand press the lever of the striker and simultaneously rotate the butt pad shock mechanism clockwise.
- Remove the firing pin, spring and firing pin.
Reviews and price of the rifle Steyr Mannlicher SM12 given below.
Price and reviews
Depending on the wealth of pick-and-caliber carbine is worth from 150 to 250 thousand rubles.
The carbine is reliable and unpretentious in operation. Prefers to import high quality cartridges, especially for 7.62 mm. the Accuracy of the battle does not go beyond 1 MOA. The bed is comfortable for shooting offhand.