TOZ-120 – hunting and sporting version of the famous TOZ-34.
In the field of sports weapons for the Russian market is represented only upscale, but expensive rifle TsKIB COO, as well as imported models which cost available also will not name.
Browse shotguns TOZ-120
Strictly speaking, TOZ-120 created on the basis of TOZ-91, not the TOZ-34. Appeared rifle in 2000, the development of the model involved the designer E. G. Starukhin: preserving the advantages of the previous version, he was able to eliminate its shortcomings.
Despite the sport “belong” TOZ-120 is actively used for commercial and Amateur hunting. As well as other small-bore rifle Tula arms factory TOZ-120 is characterized by reliability and long service life. From the basic version of TOZ-120 inherited locking system and receiver group, which is understandable: their original design was proven.
The main structural difference between the guns is the structure of the trigger.
Advantages and disadvantages
TOZ-120 – classic “vertikalka”, that is, a rifle with a vertical arrangement of barrels for a 12 gauge. It is produced in several modifications, including in the boxed version. The latter is not only a beautiful design, but another form of stem. The base model is usually done with the narrowing of the barrel, and the piece can be performed with one or two cylindrical channels.
The advantages of the TOZ-120 has the following.
- Accuracy – this parameter is to some extent dependent on the contractions of the trunk and run the shotgun. If you reduce the muzzle drop from 1.25% to 0% accuracy improving from 65 to 35. Data are given for firing at a distance of 35 m, fractional projectile. Indicators sports models below are 50 of the best result.
- The weight of the rifle is minimal: the heaviest model weighs 3,7 kg.
- To use a gun can be at temperatures from -30 to +30 in any natural area with the exception of tropical.
- The greatest alteration in comparison with the TOZ-91 was subjected to the firing mechanism. In a conventional shotgun to fire both barrels, you have to take turns to click on two of the trigger. In TOZ-120 single trigger, a selector which provides the sequence of shots. This option is much easier. The switching sequence is necessary when you move the lever, placed on the neck butt.
- The opportunity to choose a barrel with a constriction or not, and any combination of them in the shotgun allows you to choose the best model for hunting of any kind. In addition, the Tula plant (known models such as 122, 99, 78, 88, Argali, KO-44, SKS OP, etc.). offers models with a removable muzzle ear – marked by the letter V.
- The ejection of shells is provided by the action of the ejector. While only ejected the used cartridge case and the cartridge is only slightly shifted.
- On standard models the chamber has a length of 70 mm. there are, However, modifications to the length of the chamber 76 mm – under the “Magnum”rounds.
- The butt is made of walnut or beech. It can be decorated with incision or engraving – in this case the gun less slippery in hands. On the butt cheek there for convenience shooting.
Despite the improvements the shortcomings of the model are available and require removal.
- Handguard is too thick and can palm large sizes.
- Lever, responsible for the selection of priority, acts as a mechanical fuse. Automatic how at the Izhevsk Mr-233 would be safer.
- Notching and carving, though of a practical nature but are not highly artistic images, with the exception of boxed models.
Photo shotguns TOZ-120
12 gauge is the most popular caliber among hunters. Accordingly, the rifle of this kind is also in demand. Used for the production of medium and small animals and birds.
Sports version of the rifle designed for precision shooting in different conditions. Tula plant produces a version for round and trench stand, and for training sports shooting.
Produced multiple versions of the TOZ-120 for hunting and sport shooting. On this basis they klassificeret in the first place.
Basic model – with the chamber of different lengths under a conventional munition and under the “Magnum” rounds. Following:
- TOZ-120-12-1E – 12/70 ammunition, the rifle is equipped with an ejector;
- TOZ-120-12M-1E – ejector, but is designed for “Magnum”rounds;
- TOZ-120-12V-1E under standard ammunition 12/70, but is equipped with not only ejector but interchangeable choke inserts. This model is more versatile;
- TOZ-120-1 MV-1 is the analogue, in the configuration of the previous model, but calculated under the “Magnum”rounds.
Sports version of the rifle is intended for shooting in different conditions. Tula factory offers the following models:
- TOZ-120-12-1ST – option for trench shooting;
- TOZ-120-1R model, which is used on a round stand;
- TOZ-120-12-1S – educational model, designed for training in sports shooting.
In addition, the company produces shotgun caliber 20.
If the design of the rifle some say too simple, “outdated”, then the performance of the rifle TOZ-120 still price. The differences between the different versions are not so great.
|Settings||12 gauge||20 gauge||Combined|
|The length of the chamber, mm||70||76||70||70||70||70||76||The 7.62*53/76||5,6*39/76||9*53/76|
|Barrel length, mm||750, 711||750, 711||750||675||750||711||711||675||675||675|
|The accuracy of fire 35 m at a muzzle reduction in %||1,25||65|
|Combo 100 m||1,15 P||1,15 P||1,15 P|
|Trigger pull, kgf||1,5-2,5|
|Weight, kg||3,55||3,4||3.7 V||3,6||3,5||3,2||3,2|
The weight given to a discharged shotgun.
Structurally, the rifle TOZ-120 is divided into 3 parts: trunks, a box stock and forend.
- Trunks detachable, located in the vertical plane. Are made of solid steel receiver, receiver channels chrome plated. On hunting rifles, as a rule, establish trunks with narrowing, combined with different contraction. Sports often put cylindrical.
Trunks joined to the box by hinges and pins on the frame lock – 2 axis, which rely on the bearing. Connection appendage type allows to reduce the height of the receiver and simplifies the process of separating the barrels.
- Sight mechanically ventilated strap.
- The receiver is attached to the buttstock tightening screw. The butt is made of wood – walnut, beech, equipped with cheek.
- USM hammer type is located on a separate basis, is performed on the selector type. To determine the order of firing has a selector switch in the form of a lever on the neck butt. Original combination – first fires lower barrel, second from the top. When you switch the lever the sequence of changes. USM equipped with a safety edge, and a non-automatic fuse that eliminates accidental discharge. Extreme left or right position of the fuse indicates a “fire” rearward “protection”.
- The chamber chrome. Liners are put forward, each with its ejector. Bullet throws automatic ejector, eat man world out there stays in place. The moving of spent cartridges is made when opening the rifle.
The receiver and butts can be carved or engraved.
Picking and packing
The packaging of the rifle is extremely simple:
- cardboard box;
- the passport of the product.
The principle of operation
Design TOZ-120 is very simple. According to some hunters, this is a drawback. On the other hand, this model is perfect for the beginner, for which the complex device rifles will be an insurmountable obstacle.
When you open the gun the following occurs:
- the lever is withdrawn to the right – thus locking the axle pushes the locking frame from the groove;
- under the action of the spring stop moves the pusher over the forehead of the box. With fixed locking lever;
- open the gun, the ejector Sears are putting pressure on voditeli, which, in turn, pull the trigger. The springs move the strikers in the plane of the forehead of the receiver;
- at full opening is a reflection of cartridge cases and bullets, who gave a misfire. The reflection mechanism can be removed: to do this, remove the forend and screw to the limit of the special switch. To reactivate the function switch is returned to the original position: this handguard is going with a box with no vertical slits.
When closing, the mechanism works like this:
- the ejectors on the move, and the trigger remains cocked;
- trunks pressed against the pusher, which, in turn, brings the stop into the groove of the locking lever. Thus the lever is released;
- locking the axle under the spring pressure starts locking the frame in the groove, and a lever along the axis of the rifle.
If the gun is new, possible negohot lever to the axis. Before shooting it is necessary to specify the sequence of shots. To do this, the fuse is transferred to the right – the first fires the bottom barrel, second – upper, or position left – and-shoots the first upper, second – lower.
Bring TOZ-120 at the target and pull the trigger. The disconnector goes to the second septal for the second shot. Pressing again fires the second barrel. Trigger pull can be slightly higher than for the first shot.
Do not use sporting ammunition in the hunting versions of the TOZ-120. Also not allowed to increase the weight of gunpowder and shot in the cartridge.
Partial disassembly is required for cleaning and lubrication TOZ-120. Full is only for repair and only in the weapons shop.
Partial involves the following steps:
- verifies that there are no cartridges in the chamber;
- press the latch and moving the forearm down and forward, remove it from the trunks;
- turn the locking lever to the right, open the trunk and disconnect from the box;
- bring the lever to the right to the limit, utaplivajut the pusher and release the lever, returning it to the position along the axis.
Assembly TOZ-120 produced in reverse order.
Store the gun unloaded in the form of flat hooks. Ammunition should be stored separately.
All the modifications that can be done with a shotgun, in fact, be reduced to the decoration of the butt. In natural products this design is provided by default, but nothing prevents to replace the stock production model option with engraving or carving.
The price and the reviews on the rifle (boxed gun) TOZ-120 12 M, MV 1E, etc. are given below.
Opinion of TOZ-120 contradictory.
- The recognized advantage of this model is simplicity and reliability in different weather conditions.
- Minus stands too thick forearm and unreliable descent, often leading to doublets.
- The drawback is the lack of interchangeable choke inserts. However, with the advent of the TOZ-120-12V-1E this problem has been solved.