Small caliber hunting rifles designed for recreational hunting or commercial hunting and fishing of small fur-bearing animals – squirrel, Fox, sable.
Of Soviet rifles in this sector unchanged popular products of the Tula arms factory. And it concerns as modern models, and proven years of experience.
Overview of carbine TOZ-78
TOZ-78 appeared in 1986 and was to replace the obsolete designs of the same plan – TOZ-17, TOZ-18. The most important feature is the new method of locking the barrel in Meleshko such technology had not previously been used.
The advantage of the new mechanism is the ability to use more powerful cartridges with the propellant gases pressure to 2000 kgf/sq. cm
Available 5 different modifications of weapons, including the export version of the souvenir – threaded on the muzzle, inlaid with metals and so on.
Advantages and disadvantages
In comparison with their predecessors, the rifle became heavier. However, this is more than compensated by the greater reliability and durability of the product. So advantages in this model abound, as evidenced by a lengthy period of its popularity.
- The reliability of the lock allows you to use any cartridges ring of ignition, including high-power.
- Not self-loading carbine: boltoy shutter combined with a mainspring, which in theory should lead to tight to open and close. In fact, the raising of a spring is done in 2 stages, with the result that overcharging can hold with one finger.
- The trigger mechanism is adjustable – it is possible to set acceptable parameters as speed of descent, and the efforts to descend.
- The mechanical safety lock prevents the product of accidental discharge. When storing or possession of weapons it is set to “protection” – the shutter in the closed position.
- The front sight is gated is adjustable vertically and horizontally. In different versions of the gun it is possible to install an optical sight instead of mechanical flies, or even use them together without removing the fly.
- Sight four position – 25, 50, 75, 100 m, which contributes to more accurate shooting.
- The manufacturer guarantees compliance with 15000 shots.
The disadvantages of the products are quality.
- Shop the carabiner is fastened securely not too: high risk of accidental operation and the loss of the store. New will have to be customized to the weapons.
- The appearance of the rifle special aesthetics are not striking: the butt, angular, fly reminds outgrowth on the trunk.
Carbine TOZ-78 (photo)
- Carbine TOZ-78 – reliable and simple hunting rifle for hunting small game and birds. You can use it for both Amateur and professional hunting: hunters often prefer bolt charges.
- TOZ-78 is quite suitable for recreational shooting or sport: it is very easy to handle and cheap to operate.
The phone is available in several versions.
- TOZ-78 – the base model. With a telescopic sight, not a mechanical one, and 4 pie shops for 5 and 10 cartridges.
- TOZ-78-01 budget modification. The shops here are box – 2, and the sight is set to mechanical.
- TOZ-78-04 – the export model. Characterized by the presence of threads on the muzzle part. This allows you to mount a silencer, for example.
- TOZ-78-05 – different weighted barrel is equipped with a telescopic sight, front sight missing.
- TOZ-78-06 – the same TOZ-78-05, but the export performance – with thread, without mechanical devices. Can have a souvenir design – inlaid with precious metals, carvings and other decorations.
The bed of the TOZ-78 can be manufactured with a cheek. In this case, the designation added the letter “L”.
About the technical characteristics of the carbine TOZ-78 (i.e. 01, 05, 06) will be discussed below.
Custom parameters of the models are close.
|Caliber, mm||5, 6 (22LR)|
|Shooting accuracy of 50 m, mm||50||40|
|Accuracy, deviation in mm||30||30|
|Trigger pull, kgf||4,41-of 19.62|
|Length of carabine, mm||1000|
|The number of cartridges, pieces||5 and 10|
Now consider the design of the gun TOZ-78.
TOZ-78 belongs to the category of bolt rifles, which means manual reloading and some loss in rate of fire. However, for hunting small animals this deficiency usually does not matter.
- But longitudinally-sliding shutter with hard fighting spring is collapsible, which is important when cleaning and lubrication of weapons.
- The trigger mechanism is mounted on a separate base and adjustable. In front of the trigger adjustment screws are located: the front responsible for the trigger pull, and back – over the course of the descent.
- Lever fuse minimizes the possibility of accidental discharge. When transporting or carrying the rifles the fuse is put in the position of “protection”.
Depending on the model, the carbines are equipped with a pie or box stores for 5 and 10 cartridges. The first cartridges are arranged in one row, which prevents rebuild of the charges. In the box store cartridges are placed in parallel.
- The sight can be as mechanical – closed fly with the whole drum-type and optical – to 2.5-fold at the bracket. The optical sight can be moved along the barrel, so shoot with open sights is possible without removing the optic.
- The bed is performed by pistol type, usually made of birch. Export products can have a bed in beech or walnut.
Picking and packing
Standard TOZ-78 includes the following items:
- 2 magazine of 5 rounds – one is in the rifle;
- 2 shops for 10 rounds;
- 2 screwdrivers;
- cleaning rod and wiping 5,6 are present only on models 05/06;
- the passport of the product. If a rifle with a telescopic sight, then additionally given a passport at the optics.
The principle of operation
Despite the improved locking mechanism and weighting of the trunk the principle of operation of the rifle remained unchanged.
- The fighting spring is cocked when unlocking of the barrel by turning the bolt handle. The cocking is done in 2 steps, so effort when opening is not necessary.
- The used cartridge case is extracted when you move the bolt back, energetic.
- The effort of descent and during descent can be adjusted range is large enough.
Shooting is performed when the status flag of the fuse in position “fire” on the trigger mechanism visible red dot. In the “protection” of the red dot closes the fuse. While in the groove of the arm part of the latch and open the shutter becomes impossible.
The carbine is equipped with a cocking indicator: if the hammer is cocked, the firing pin is moved beyond the end of the solution. If the trigger is lowered, the ends of the shutter and the drummer are on the same level.
To carry, to carry or possess a weapon must unloaded, with their trigger. Ammunition should be stored separately in a secure place.
Partial disassembly is carried out for ordinary cleaning and lubrication of weapons. Complete disassembly is required to repair the product or if heavily soiled.
Partial disassembly includes the following steps:
- press the latch and take out;
- press the trigger, open the bolt and pull it out of the box.
For the lubrication of the operations enough. If you want complete disassembly, then described the actions added are:
- if the carbine is equipped with a telescopic sight, then it is removed along with the bracket after turning the shaft counterclockwise;
- disassemble the shutter by holding the front part of the mechanism, turn the handle clockwise, and the cap counter – clockwise until it stops and remove the cap;
- take a drummer along with a hammer and the bushing, remove them;
- disconnect the handle from the shutter and remove the compensator;
- Unscrew the screws at the bottom of the bed and separate it from the trunk with the box;
- then separate the trigger mechanism. If necessary, you can disassemble and store.
Assembling the product is carried out in reverse order.
Tuning small-caliber rifle TOZ-78 discussed below.
Improvements of this model are, in fact, the fit of the gun.
- The simple design allows the fly to napati to increase height, and bedding for better attachment of the bed to the trunk to hold, and polishing the trigger mechanism.
- A very common improvement – installation of a rubber recoil pad that allows you to improve prekladatele and softens impact.
- Of the problems related to the use of the rifle, known only the probability of jamming of cartridges in the frost – when -25–35 C. Craftsmen in this case, upgrade the shutter, replacing the weak springs of the extractor.
Reviews and prices on carabiner-melkashki TOZ-78 (01, 05, 06, etc.) are given below.
The rifle TOZ-78 – model is quite affordable, you can find it in almost all hunting stores. Is the weapon within 9200-9500 R. Modification with mechanical sight cheaper.
For firing can be used as standard hunting and sporting ammunition, and with improved characteristics:
- Lapua cartridge STANDART – 9 p per piece, sold in pack of 50 PCs;
- cartridge Lapua RIFLE MATCH – 11 p.;
- the Standard cartridge with a brass shell casing – 13 p.;
- cartridge FMJ SB S&B, with improved ballistic characteristics, 27 p.
If for training or recreational shooting, you can use almost any melkashki, for hunting it is preferable to choose the TOZ-78. Thanks rostovomu shutter accuracy is higher than semi-auto. In addition, the shutter is equipped with a combat focus, allowing you to use more powerful ammo.
Some of the criticism is the plastic part of the mechanical flies. Even with a mild shock it can be off.