Do I need to register the boat? Do I need to have a certificate for controlling small vessel(boat)? Boats and motors: the new rules. The rules of equipping a small vessel.
1. Recall that, in accordance with the law, registration and regular inspection shall be small vessels (in our case boats) only if their weight, including equipment, exceeds 200 kg and the engine (if equipped) has a power exceeding 8 kW (of 10.88 horsepower). The mass of the ship (boat) is defined in accordance with GOST 19356-79. The length of the vessel (boat) is determined in accordance with GOST 1062-80. Length of the vessel (boat) is important in determining standards of equipment of small vessels (boats) rescue tools, rescue equipment, and security.
2. If the boat is installed an outboard motor power of more than 3,68 kW (5 horsepower), regardless of the mass and length of the boat, you must have a driver’s licence for the small boat. To receive the certificate , you must pass the exam. Exam GIMS with answers can be viewed here.
Address GIMS. A list of addresses and phones of territorial bodies of the state Inspectorate for small vessels of EMERCOM of Russia can be viewed here.
The certificate on the right of management of small size vessel looks like.
3. All small vessels (boats) must be equipped with rescue tools, rescue equipment, and security.
It should be equipped with all the boats? On this important issue ostanovilsya more.
Standards for equipping small vessels
It is no secret that anglers, in the vast majority of cases are using small boats without motor or with motor. So elaborate on such boats. Small vessels with a length over 6 m with the number of passengers exceeds 12 Amateur fishing rarely used. Information about them, we deliberately omitted for better perception of the complex and convoluted legislation, not to miss the most important.
So, here are the most commonly used for Amateur fishing boats, which, according to legislation, it is necessary to equip rescue tools and equipment:
- rowing boats;
- rowing an inflatable boat that can accommodate up to 3 people with no hard slani;
- rowing inflatable boat with a rigid Slane;
- inflatable boats with a capacity of more than 3 people with no hard slani;
- motor small vessels up to 6 meters.
The following is a list of equipment specifically for these types of small vessels (boats)
1. Personal flotation device:
1.1. Personal security (life jacket) which is the number of people on Board. The vest must be worn.
1.2. The end of Aleksandrova (rescue Lin) length of at least 15 m or a lifebuoy (ring) with a line length less than 15 meters – 1 PC.
2. Rescue equipment
2.1. Rowing device (paddle, paddle-paddle or boathook-paddle) – 2 PCs.
2.2. A fire extinguisher (for engine of a boat length of 6 meters, if on Board there is a stationary engine with a fixed fuel tank of any size or a device for cooking, heating, etc. working on the burned fuel) – 1 piece
2.3. Bailer or manual pump (except rowing inflatable boatsthat can accommodate up to 3 people with no hard Slany), and for motor small vessels with length up to 6 metres – when there is no equipment for pumping water – 1 PC.
2.4. Sound device (may be replaced on the whistle, life jacket) – 1 PC.
3. Security in emergencies
3.1. Electric torch white light (1 piece) or two missiles distress signal red (except for rowing inflatable boatsthat can accommodate up to 3 people with no hard Slany. The presence of pyrotechnic distress signals not required if navigation is carried out on the river, canal or lake in which the ship can be in more than two kilometers from the shore).
Recommended additional equipment
- pyrotechnic distress signals;
- first aid kit for first aid;
- repair kit;
- one lifeline with a 15-meter line;
- two blankets;
- one signal cloth (flag – waved);
- a device for lifting a person on Board;
- the hook;
- communication system;
- magnetic compass;
- navigation equipment GLONASS.
If the length of the boat exceeds 6 m, a list of rescue equipment, rescue equipment , and security is somewhat broader.
Published material prepared on the basis of the explanations of the EMERCOM of Russia, “clarification of the control of GIMSof EMERCOM of Russia in connection with the entry into force of Federal law No. 36-FZ“order of the Ministry of emergency situations of Russia No. 498 as amended by the order of EMERCOM of Russia dated 21.07.2009 No. 423 “On approval of rules of certification of skippers for the right to control small vessels, persons under surveillance of the state Inspectorate for small vessels of Ministry of the Russian Federation for civil defense, emergencies and elimination of consequences of natural disasters.”, letter of chief of State Inspectorate for small vessels of EMERCOM of Russia dated 27 January 2011 “Standards for equipping small vesselssupervised by the state small boat Inspectorate of EMERCOM of Russia, operating in inland waters and for the purposes of navigation with a minimal set of security tools.”