Western fisheries basin includes: the Baltic sea and the basins of rivers flowing into it, Ladoga lake basins of rivers flowing into it, and all the water bodies in Kaliningrad, Novgorod, Pskov, Leningrad regions and St. Petersburg, with the exception of ponds and flooded quarries are in private or municipal ownership, as well as of the property of constituent entities of the Russian Federation.
Link to the full version of the latest edition (06 Nov 2014) fishing Rules for the West fishery basin and the detailed specifications on individual parts of the basin: http://www.consultant.ru/document/cons_doc_LAW_172304/?frame=1
In respect of Amateur and sports fishery, it is necessary to allocate the following items
7. 7. In order to preserve listed in the Red book of the Russian Federation and/or the Red book of the Russian Federation rare and endangered species of aquatic bioresources extraction (catch) of water bioresources is forbidden.
10.1. Citizens have the right to carry out Amateur and sports fishery on water objects of commercial fishing importance for General use freely, in accordance with fishery Rules;
10.2. Amateur and sports fishery on the fishery sites given on the basis of contracts on the provision of fishing area for the organization of specified kinds of fishing, with citizens is carried out in the presence of the permit (the document confirming the conclusion of the contract of compensated rendering of services in the field of Amateur and sports fishery), issued by a legal entity or individual entrepreneur. The permit must be specified the amount of water biological resources, agreed for the extraction (catch), area of extraction (catch) within the fishing grounds, the tools of extraction (catch) the expiration date;
25.1. Deadlines (periods), no-extraction (catch) of water biological resources
- from 20 may to 30 June – perch and bream;
- from raspyleniya ice for 15 Jun – extraction (catch) in the bays of the Gulf of Vyborg: Seleznevskaya, Podbrezova, Small Fir, and the lake Sachihiko;
- from raspyleniya ice to 30 June in the lake is Quiet and in the channel connecting the lake with the river Rosson, lake Lipovskoe and in a channel connecting lake with the Gulf of Finland.
25.2. Forbidden for extraction (catch) of water bioresources:
- the Atlantic salmon (salmon), except for extraction (catch) on the fishing grounds, granted on the basis of contracts on the provision of fishing area for the organisation of Amateur and sports fishery;
- the Atlantic sturgeon,
- trout (trout) (freshwater residential form).
25.3. Kinds of forbidden tools and ways of extraction (catch) of water biological resources:
25.3.1. It is prohibited to:
- networks of all types;
- traps of all types (traps, Venter, prope, “Mord”, etc.);
- “zakidushek”, “pastamusik”, “pokes” and other passive tools of production (catch) in the habitats of salmonids, including brown trout (trout) (freshwater living forms);
- manual fishing rods and spinning gear all systems and items with the total number of hooks (single, doubles or tees, then – hooks) more than 10 pieces on tools of extraction (catch) of a citizen;
- fantasies, nets, scrapers, trassi instruments of production (catch);
- “capes”, “TV”, “screens”, “scarves”;
- lifts (“spiders”), otzyivyi scoops or other devices larger than 100 x 100 cm and with the size (step) of the mesh more than 10 mm;
- jail and traps;
- electric current;
- firearms and air weapons, except the shotguns and pistols used for underwater hunting;
b) implementation of extraction (catch):
- way of barenia (for sweeps);
- “on the” lighting – using lighting fixtures and lamps of various designs on the surface and in the water column at night (astronomical, with sunset to sunrise) for the extraction (catch) of aquatic biological resources, with the exception of the implementation of spearfishing, fishing using fishing rods (including bottom fishing rods) and spinning gear all systems and items, as well as special traps;
- with the help of the device sesdaq, fences, dams, partially or completely overlapping the channel of water objects of commercial fishing importance and hamper the free movement of fish;
- with special traps over the three pieces of the citizen (the diameter of each rakolovki no more than 80 cm, the size (pitch) of mesh less than 20 mm);
- the seines with the number of hooks more than 20 pieces on the instruments of production (catch) a citizen;
- mugs and Gerlich with the total number of hooks more than 10 pieces on tools of extraction (catch) of a citizen;
- on the track (trolling) using sails and motor, using more than two baits.
25.3.2. It is prohibited to harvest (catch) aquatic biological resources, including underwater hunting and collecting of aquatic biological resources, with the use of scuba and other self-contained breathing apparatus.
25.4. The minimum size of extracted (caught) water biological resources (fishing size):
it is forbidden to make extraction (catch), acceptance, processing, handling, transportation, storage and unloading of the water bioresources having in a fresh kind length (in cm) less than the specified
|Name of aquatic bioresources||field size, cm|
|Walleye in lake Ilmen||36|
|The bream in Ilmen lake||22|
|The eel river||60|