To objectively evaluate the operation of the machine in different conditions, you need to know about its positive and negative qualities. To do this, before buying a snowmobile Vector it is recommended to read the reviews of the owners.
The quality of the work of the Snowmobile RM Vector manufactured by Russian Mechanics will be excellent if, taking into account the requirements of the manual, the owner entrusts the dealer with caring for the snowmobile.
Maintenance enterprises have the necessary equipment, tools and spare parts to carry out professional maintenance and repair. The work is carried out by professionals. Maintenance and repair costs can be offset by reliable transport.
RM Vector is one of the popular snowmobiles developed by Russian Mechanics. This model is related to the class of vehicles that are endowed with the best off-road qualities and performance in handling. Snowmobile Vector combines the best technical solutions, lightweight design, smoothness in movement and increased load capacity.
It is important to carefully read the manual before using the Vector snowmobile, study it and the operation of nodes, systems, familiarize yourself with the tables located on it. Remember that this vehicle requires careful attention to maintenance and in this area is no different from other self-propelled technical means. Common sense and correct handling, as well as regular and complete maintenance, are a guarantee of safety. If you neglect safety measures or ignore warnings and rules, personal injury may occur.
Security measures, rules:
- The vector is not suitable for traveling on the streets and roadways of general use. But when driving on the road, the driver must know the rules of the road (SDA), clearly observing the requirements.
- You can drive a snowmobile with people who have a passport for driving a snowmobile. You can not drive a beginner and inexperienced drivers without prior training. For a ride on a snowmobile, you need to wear comfortable and warming clothes. It is always important to wear a helmet, glasses or face shield.
- Before leaving, the driver should make sure that the snowmobile is in good condition, watch it on the way. An improperly functioning product is not possible.
- Before starting the engine, you need to check the smoothness of the throttle control drive.
- It is allowed to turn off the functioning engine in 3 ways: by pressing the emergency stop switch button, disconnecting the cap of the cord, turning the ignition key to the leftmost position.
- It is not recommended to leave the ignition key in the lock, it can provoke theft, is dangerous for children.
- It is forbidden to start the engine if the protective cover of the variator belt has been dismantled. Engine operation is not allowed with the belt removed. Starting without a load is dangerous.
Be careful when handling fuel. This liquid is highly flammable, therefore, during inspection and maintenance, measures are taken that exclude the possibility of fires.
Do not do the following:
- use open fire and smoke when refueling, while checking the level of gasoline in the vessel, as well as in the room in which the snowmobile is installed;
- pour fuel into the tank with the engine running;
- warm up the engine with an open filler neck of the fuel tank;
- drain hot and oil in the garage or in another place where the snowmobile is stored;
- Store the machine with a tank in a room in which there are heat sources (heater, dryer).
Leaded gasoline is poisonous and can cause severe poisoning when penetrating the skin and inhaling vapors. When working with gasoline, it is important to observe safety precautions.
Tables are installed in the following places:
- Rear light bracket
- CVT cover.
Before the first ride, it is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the driver warning signs installed in different places of the snowmobile (shown in Fig. 1).
Preparation for operation
Perform such work, preparing the Vector for operation:
- Remove external grease with a rag dipped in kerosene.
- Reassemble the components with assembly components removed during packing of the snowmobile.
- See if there is oil in the box and top up.
- Check that the external threaded connections are tight.
- Fill the tank with fuel as well as oil if there is separate engine lubrication.
- On a machine with electronic engine start, the battery must be removed and brought into working condition, taking into account the operating instructions. Install the battery in place and connect the wires from the harness: red to “plus” and black to “minus”.
Recommendations for use
It is not necessary to use the snowmobile for other purposes, as well as to ride at the risk of not being able to control the movement, as this is fraught with injury. The driver should be well acquainted with the driving features and driving rules. The ability to manage comes gradually, as a result of intense training, exercises.
If there are children, then you need to ensure safety, make sure that there is everything necessary for this. Caution them against using the snowmobile on their own, do not leave a small child unattended.
The driver must wear a safety helmet and a hat or mask underneath it to protect his face. It is mandatory to use glasses or a shield attached to the helmet. These tips also apply to the passenger.
The snowmobile is open, so when going on a trip, you need to dress in warm clothes, given the fact that additional cooling, taking into account the speed of movement of the vehicle and wind speed, can increase the air temperature by two or more times (table 1).
|Ambient air temperature||The temperature feels like taking into account additional cooling at a speed of 32 km / h|
When traveling long distances, it is recommended that you stop every hour to relax. Depending on the duration of the trip, its range, the snowmobile must be equipped with a suitable set of products, spare parts that may be needed on the way or in the event of an emergency.
Driving a snowmobile
It is important for a novice driver to master control techniques, conducting training on a flat track and moving at low speed. Before you start driving, you need to know how to stop the snowmobile. To reduce speed and stop completely, release the throttle control lever and slowly press the brake lever located on the left steering column, then turn the key to position “1” (off position).
In an emergency, you can stop by pressing the button of the emergency engine stop switch, which is located on the steering wheel on the right next to the brake lever. Braking performance is dependent on snow.
Landing driver, weight distribution have an impact on driving performance. The driver and passenger are not allowed to remove their feet from the footrests and brake when driving.
Most often, the best landing for the driver, if you look at the point of view of convenience, is a sitting sitting, but there are other types:
- standing up;
- standing with support on his knee.
Depending on the type of track and traffic conditions, you should choose a landing. For example, when traveling on prepared roads, the optimal landing is sitting, and when driving on unprepared tracks, in deep snow, it is better to go half-sitting. The “standing” position is to be taken in the process of overcoming the climbs.
Running a snowmobile
The quality of the engine, other mechanisms depends on the mode in which the machine operates in the first period of operation – during break-in. Its duration is 300 km.
During this period, the following must be observed:
- The load on the car is one driver.
- For a trip, choose a flat area with a rolled snow cover. Driving on loose or wet snow, overcoming a steep and prolonged climb is not recommended.
- Run should be carried out at a temperature from -25 to -3.
- Monitor engine operation, prevent the throttle valve from opening, limit its degree of opening to 75%.
- Watch for quality fasteners. If necessary, tighten on a cold engine.
Having run-in, it is necessary to carry out maintenance, replace the oil in the gearbox, check the quality of the contact of the device that reduces / increases the voltage, with the “weight” and clean the seat.
You cannot teach driving a snowmobile during the break-in process, because this can lead to an overload of the power unit and transmission due to incorrect actions by the beginner.
Among the distinguishing qualities you need to highlight:
- original, updated frame;
- new motor with a high-quality cooling system;
- lug caterpillar;
- adjustable shock absorbers for front and rear suspension and steering wheel;
- high-quality lighting both front and rear, other components that give greater convenience.
The Vector model can be positioned as a comfortable “Tourist”, which is designed to ride on unprepared snow tracks.
Beauty and ergonomics
Ergonomics of the car can be viewed in all elements and enjoy the process of driving. The seat is either 2-seater or 1-seater with a large space for luggage. The shape of the seat material looks soft, so there is a desire to attach, to feel its warmth. High glass prevents cold flow: the wind will bypass the driver. Convenience will add the function of heating the gas trigger and handles for the driver and passenger. In the evening and at night, a powerful headlamp creates the effect of high-quality lighting, improves the visibility of the necessary objects.
Particularly attracted to the original design of the headlight, commensurate with the hull of the machine, which gives it a special feature. The general contour, precise lines provide the image of a stylish snowmobile in order to lay many new routes over and over again, to explore more spaces everywhere where there is snow.
The vector has a modernized frame design similar to its predecessors, brought under certain standards and regulations that are valid to this day. When creating the frame, the designers used new material to reduce its total weight. The updated frame does not have common features with the old chassis on which the Taiga models are based.
The first Vector models with a frame made of aluminum came off in 2013 and then successfully passed tests. It is interesting that the updated models showed good results in endurance competitions, and have proven themselves in various tests in the northern regions of Russia.
Features aluminum platform
The front part, with a design in the form of a pyramid, as well as the bevels (above) are made so as to further increase the rigidity around the perimeter of the frame.
In the front of the body, the frame consists of solid components, which are created under pressure by casting – this significantly increases the strength of the structure. Elements of the platform have a connection created by rivets. This increases durability in difficult operating conditions, for example, the machine is easier to tolerate shock loads. To ensure structural strength, the frame has a small number of seams, which makes the layout seamless.
Gearbox and cooling system
An improved gearbox is installed on the right side. This location of the gearbox optimizes weight distribution, provides equal pressure on the plane. The box has a linear control circuit.
Two radiators are located in the interior of the tunnel along the entire length, which ensures optimal cooling of the main unit of the vehicle.
Electric control unit for the power unit (for a 2-stroke engine) with built-in Russian software.
The battery is located at the back under the seat. In the changed layout of the belt, many innovations are applied, due to which it was possible to reduce the center of gravity. The center of mass is shifted close to the driver – this has a good effect on stability and handling.
Structurally, the rear suspension is much better when compared with the predecessors of the RM Vector family. The updated machine has a track with a 32 mm lug (previously 26 mm). This improved cross-country ability while driving in deep and soft snow. The following components are important: shock absorbers with a remote vessel. They provide quick suspension settings to suit specific operating conditions.
The suspension is presented in the form of a design with two A-type levers. The upgraded scheme provides the ability to confidently “skip” difficult obstacles without fear that the suspension will be damaged. Custom shock absorbers have a remote tank. You can choose an individual setting, adapt to certain conditions.
It is recommended that you familiarize yourself with the technical specifications of the Vector 551i snowmobile:
- Engine RMZ-551; push-pull injection 65 hp; push-pull; cooling – liquid.
- Chassis: CVT transmission; brake mechanism – hydraulic, disk.
- Electronics: launch – electric, manual; incoming devices: electric starter, reverse, heating.
- Capacity 2.5 liters; fuel tank 42 l.
- Lever suspension; stroke per. 220 mm; shock absorbers – hydropneumatic; rear suspension – sklizovaya; back stroke 385 mm.
- Dimensions: 3250х1270х1425; number of places 2; dry weight 320 kg.
- Basic built-in functions: high glass, backrest for passengers, trunk under the saddle, towbar.
An important parameter for night movement is lighting. An LED headlight is built into the device, its power output of 3200 lumens does not limit the time of exciting trips.
The developers tested Vector with different powertrains. A batch of 4-stroke engines has recently appeared. Snowmobiles were first offered to the public as part of the Yamalkan organization. And according to the results of unsuccessful tests, it became clear that with the production of 4-stroke power units, you still need to wait.
The power plant RMZ-551 has a liquid type of cooling, which prevents overheating at different times of the year, for example, when it is warm enough (above 0 degrees). The snowmobile has a well-tuned fuel injection system, due to which the fuel consumption is reduced by 20% compared to the previous engine equipped with the old carburetor system. Power output of 65 hp has increased by 5% through an improved workflow of an internal combustion engine.
Price on the Internet and in the market
On average, the cost of the Taiga Vector 551i snowmobile on the Russian market is 500 thousand rubles.
If you look on the Internet on the announcement site and on the official service, there is a difference: in the first case, on average, it costs 470 thousand, and in the second 495 thousand rubles.