Quantum HD38S is a modern hunting infrared camera with high frame rate, due to which he remains effective at tracking a dynamic object or group of objects where it is important to visually separate one object from the rest of the masses, providing a smooth and consistent image.
Thus this device is able to notice the growth figure (1,7×0,5 m) at a distance of 950 metres.
Thermal imaging monocular Quantum HD38S, unlike night vision devices based on electron-optical converters, does not require external light sources, and is not afraid of direct light falling on the lens. It is designed for use in difficult weather conditions (fog, smog, rain), and in the presence of obstacles that hinder the detection of targets (branches, tall grass, shrub, etc.).
Wide detection range
The high resolution microbolometer (384×288) provides a good detail of the observed objects and a large detection range.
Optical zoom thermal imager is 2.1 X. the device has an additional option in the form of twice digital zoom.
Modes of observation
The Quantum S possible to choose the mode of observation, providing optimal results for specific conditions. The program of the thermal imager provides three modes – “City” (enhanced contrast), “Forest” (low contrast) and “Identification” (improved detail warm objects).
High refresh rate
The refresh rate is 30 Hz, which ensures a smooth and consistent image when observing dynamic object.
Possibility of use in frosty conditions
The Quantum effective when operating in low temperature conditions (-20°C) due to the application in the design of frost-resistant OLED display (the image remains the same as when observed in conditions of positive temperature of the surrounding atmosphere).
Quantum S gives you the opportunity to choose one of three modes of calibration of microbolometer – silent manual (“M”), automatic (“A”) and semiautomatic (“H”). Mode “A” implies that the calibration algorithm is performed fully automatically and without user intervention (the start of the process (the time of lowering of the blind calibration mechanism) is defined programmatically). In the “N” the observer, based on the image quality, decide on the necessity of the calibration matrix, starting it by pressing “Cal”. Manual calibration (“M”) by pressing the button when the lens cap is closed. The “M” mode it is recommended to use while hunting due to silent operation.
- Matrix 384х288
- High refresh rate – 30 Hz
- OLED display 640×480
- Optical zoom 2.1 or 1.1 times
- Digital zoom 2x
- Three calibration modes – manual, automatic, semi-automatic
- Three modes – city, forest, recognition
- The function of removal of defective pixels
- Power saving mode
- A large field of view angle
- External power supply
- Video – video recording capability for third-party devices
- Modes of inversion of the image “White Hot” and “Black Hot”
- Two tripod sockets 1/4″
- Compact and lightweight
Short start-up time
The Quantum features quick start – up time 5-7 seconds from the moment you press the power button to full operational status monitoring. This is one of the best indicators in the class.
All Quantum models are equipped with an analog video output for connecting external recording equipment or transmitting image to the display.
Significantly increase the time of operation allows the use of external power sources to which the Quantum is connected with a specially designed connector. In winter conditions the power supply can be placed under clothing.
Adjust the brightness and contrast
The control wheel located next to the lens allows the user to setup brightness and contrast most appropriate for specific situation.
The Quantum is provided by 4 batteries (battery) AA. The batteries are stored in a special container which is then placed in the battery compartment of the device.
Body of carbon fiber is really solid. A secure hold of the instrument provides a partial brasilianum corps.
- Device type: Monocular
- The resolution matrix, pixels: 384х288
- Focal length, mm: F38/1.2
- The detection range of a human figure, m: 950
- Detector type: Uncooled microbolometer (UL 03 16 2)
- The spectral range of detection, m: 7.7 – 13.2
- The field of view, degrees: 14.4×10.8
- The field of view with 2x extender, C: –
- Thermal sensitivity, MK: –
- Refresh rate, Hz: 30
- Range manual focus: 2 m to infinity
- Manual focus: Yes
- Diopter adjustment, diopter: +/-5
- Increase, Krat: 2.1
- Digital zoom, magnification: 4.2
- Signal processing: –
- Start time: 5 – 7
- Display: OLED 0.31″
- Video output: 3.5 mm Jack (PAL/NTSC)
- Palette: Hot objects in white, hot black objects
- The possibility of photo/video shooting: Yes
- The format for saving images: –
- Format save video: Recording to external media
- Interface: –
- The socket under the tripod mount: Yes
- Power source: AA Batteries – 4 PCs.
- Work time, h: 5.5
- Operating temperature range, °C: -20°C – +50°C
- The storage temperature range, °C: -30°C – +60°C
- Humidity (operation and storage): 90%
- Protection class: IPX4
- Leaks: No
- Shock resistance: Yes
- Dimensions of the device, mm: 200x86x59
- Dimensions of packing, mm: 265x150x120
- Weight, g: 350
- Shipping weight g: 750
- Country of origin: the Republic of Belarus
- The purpose of the use: Hunting, observation, security, search