The mullet is a graceful and beautiful fish silver color, with a small but broad head. Her mouth small, without teeth, horizontal. It relates to schooling coastal fishes, distinguished by caution and timidity.
Mullet is not a very picky treat salinity of the water and often swim in the river.
The mullet refers to commensal creatures, it is looking for a habitat close to human. This settles the fish off the pontoons, bridges and sheet walls and closer to the gateways and malls.
Different types of mullets have external similarity:
- The largest species is the striped mullet, reaching a length of 75 cm It has 12 sides brownish bands. The striped mullet or striped mullet is found in the seas around the world.
- Estrenos refers to the small mind of a mullet, its length is about 25 cm and a weight of 0.5 kg.
- Quite often near the coast there are beautiful singili like a torpedo, which are bright yellow-orange spot on the cheek. They have a strong and flexible body, as if squeezed from the sides. They are considered to be native of the black sea mullet, they have a length of about 35 cm, the weight reaches 1 kg.
- In the shallow water inhabited by the juveniles of mullet – seater called colorkey.
- There is another kind of mullet is pelengas, which originated in the far East. He brought out in Russian seas and well they caught on.Eats mullet on the bottom closer to the shore vegetation and animal fouling of underwater objects, like crustaceans, worms and small molluscs. All the mullet eat the soil. With open mouth they run at an angle to the bottom, then raking the mud or sand of the lower jaw, all this is passed then through itself. Edible is digested and the sand is discarded.
This graceful and beautiful fish loves bright sun and heat. It can be found in shallow water, where during the low tide occurs the outcrop of the muddy bottom. Under the warm southern sun, the sludge is heated and warm from him and becomes tidal water. In the summer of mullet can be found in the warm sandy shallows.
The presence of swarms of mullet can be seen closer to the water surface, where visible traces of the sludge from the Stripping lips of aquatic plants, which are their favorite food.
Mullet in freshwater rivers occurs in the bays, in a quiet creeks and backwaters of the rivers flowing into the sea.
When the water temperature in the spring at the mouth of the rivers rises to +10°C, it is, swimming up to the shore and rises up. The summer months are the best months to hunt this fish. Actively biting it before the end of September, then the bite starts to wane.
Good bite of mullet is in calm, warm and Sunny weather during the weak tide because then there is slow current, and the water becomes clear. Catch mullet with natural banks, choosing a float rod. For hunting it in the mouths of rivers, the best bait fishermen believe rainwater and manure worms.
Mullet feed on algae, they also love the small animals that live in the mud. She feeds everyone that comes.
The bait may be:
- packagel and maggot;
- corn and small pieces of fat;
- slices of raw fish and shrimp.
Many experienced fishermen to successfully catch mullet and on bread crumb. To do this, remove the crust from the bread, then using a rolling pin instead of a press, pressed pieces of bread, they make small cubes that swell well in water. Bread can also be used for bait.
When fishing from the pier loaf white bread cut into pieces in a mesh bag immersed in the water for about 30 see To weight put back the stones. Bread pieces are washed out of the bag over and waves formed a trail from this feed attracts fish. Nozzle with hook is necessary at this time to keep at a distance no more than 1 meter from the pouch.
When fishing from a flat shore, you can arrange the bait with white bread soaked.When the sea ebbs, the bottom dries, pieces of bread scattered on the mud and underwater plants.
Very good bait for mullet are considered to be marine worms Nereis. Popular impaled on the hook worms are sandworms and mussels. Some fishermen like to fish using bread crumb of French rolls, flavored with oil of anise.
We can hope for a good catch of mullet, making bait in certain areas along the shore. Local fishermen developed a mixture of foods.
It is made of bread, usually baguette, whole wheat flour, add fish minced anchovy and processed cheese “Yantar”. The efficiency of this mixture was tested in practice by fishermen who consider it universal, providing great trophy big fish.
Catch the mullet in different ways: use a spinning rod and a float rod. The most popular and favorite tackle fishermen on mullet is a float rod. No fed can hope for a pretty decent catch.
- The rod we must take the length from 3.5 m to 4.5 m, with a small spinning reel.
- Well suited monofilament fishing line, thin, with a diameter of 0.20 mm, fluorocarbon fishing line can be a little harsh and may scare off the fish.
- The choice of hooks depends on the species of fish, they must be of thin wire, and sharp.
- The leash 25 cm is connected by means of microvilli with the main line.
- Floats carrying capacity of 1-2 g pear shaped have different sensitivity and resistance during the movement of the water, and it is necessary that they had green camouflage colors, fixed at two points at the top and bottom, they help to quickly make a trip during the bite.
While fishing one should behave very carefully and quietly. Mullet feels great and sees if it is frightening, the pack could sail.
Fishing and the ground tackle is made of thin fishing line. But there is the feature to hooks on the leashes of monofilament it is necessary to strengthen small popravochka green that allow you to lift the hooks from the bottom 5-10 cm
In Russia, the mullet catch in the Black, Caspian and Azov seas and in the sea of Japan, which attracts lovers of fishing.
From June until August, the mullet spawn. From the coastline of their flocks moved about two kilometers in the deeper parts of the sea. Fly fishing from the shore during this period fails. The mullet at this time is to be found in bays, estuaries, and bays.
The basic way of hunting for mullet – fishing from the shore. The first rule to be followed by anglers, it is a suitable spot for fishing. Flock of mullet looking for food in the shallow water, where a flat area of the bottom is replaced by a deep ditch, so the deep part of the slope has to have a bait to attract.
Mullet can be caught near the property:
- from the piers and wharfs;
- in areas of the breakwaters;
- in estuaries and bays.
In these places of water bodies over bears favorite treats this fish.
Hunting for grey mullet in the Black sea in early spring starts in March and ends in late autumn. Experienced fishermen know that in the morning and evening silvery beauty swims close to the shore, where the depth of only one meter.
At the sight of the people she swims to the depth, so you need to take the float tackle with a long telescopic rod (8 m). Fishing line when fishing in clear water it is necessary to choose very thin (0.12 mm), in turbid water suitable fishing line a little thicker.
Good catch gives the lure is made of:
- fish offal;
- crayfish meat;
- mussels and shrimp;
- marine worm.
When you select bottom gear used spinning rods with rod up to 5 m with preparation spinning reel and fishing line to 0, 25 mm. will Fit floating hook No. 8 to the lure fell to the bottom. When fishing for big fish resort to petty fans, which are called “muhabbatname”.
They should have bright colors, it is necessary to bury the spoon no more than 1 m. the large mullet are Biting very actively, when you bite it samorodskaya.
When fishing from the pier, shore and use the bombard, which is in the form of a spindle of the float, equipped on the inside with a plastic straw. Through the tube is passed the fishing line on which is fixed the swivel with a thin leash, on the end of it is a hook.
The hull of the bombard of plastic has a weight of about 20-40 g, it needs to be the color of sea water. Fit the rod with length from 3 to 4.5 m. This type of snap is considered to be universal among fishermen, as it can replace the float and bottom fishing, and spinning.
When fishing with a Bombarda the best bait is to use:
- marine worm Nereis;
- fresh meat;
- meat shrimp;
- slicing fish;
- chicken giblets;
- bacon, sausage;
- even cheese.
In the winter, in the warmer days of January, in the bays you can observe the concentration of fish shoals, which mark the beginning of the winter season on mullet. In the cold season the mullet likes to eat marine worms nereidae. Winter is nice to fish with a float rod, climbing into a boat or any water craft, inflatable boats.
Big difference in choice of summer and winter gear are almost there, although while fishing from the boat float rod you can fish without a float.
Mullet feed in the morning. At this time, you can catch large specimens, while flocks of fish are close to shore. During the day you can achieve a stable good fish, but catches of smaller fish. In the dark time of the day mullet hunting from a boat away from the shore.
The result of fishing may depend on the weather. In rainy and cloudy weather fishermen on the coast is getting more, because in those days you can hope for significant catches of large fish.
In rainy windy weather the pack of mullet come into the small Cove and lagoon. And here’s why: it turns out that in this weather activity begin to show crustaceans, shrimp and small fish, which are favorite food of mullet. Then fishing can be especially productive.
Every fisherman must dream to have a “scows full of mullet”. This silver and graceful fish are attracted to and experienced fishermen, and novices who experience great pleasure from fishing mullet.
Happy to stay away from fishing, it is necessary for her to prepare carefully:
- Study the habits of fish, know where it lives, what it eats, what bait take.
- To purchase or to produce high-quality tackle, to apply it properly.
- Not to neglect the advice of seasoned fishermen.
- Not to forget about the time fish.
- It is necessary to consider the weather conditions.