Carp is a welcome trophy for any angler. It quickly grows and reaches impressive sizes, and when it is pulled out it has a strong resistance, for which anglers love it.
They catch it mainly on paid ponds, of which there have recently become very many. But even despite the fact that the reservoirs are paid, it is far from a fact that it will be possible to leave with a full tank of fish. Catching carp on the pond also has its subtleties and nuances. Carp fishing on the pond has its own nuances, which will be discussed in this article.
Nibble carp at different times of the year
The most dull season in carp fishing – this winter . At this time, it mainly stands in deep areas of the reservoir and only occasionally eats.
In spring, it goes to shallow areas, where the water warms up the fastest and starts feeding before spawning.
Well, the best season for carp fishing on the pond begins from the end of May and ends in September. With the beginning of summer, carp moves throughout the reservoir, often it can be found in deep parts of the reservoir. His favorite habitats are koryazhnik, pits, brows, shell rock, bushes and trees hanging above the water, and reed edges.
In the fall, with the cooling of the water and the death of vegetation, the carp goes to the deepest parts of the reservoir, where it gathers in large flocks and puts on weight before freezing.
What carp bite
Although carp is called “underwater pig” for its voracity, but still it is rather picky in its choice of food. Not even picky, but cautious, as it has a very strong sense of smell. Therefore, you can not catch it on any bait. One of the main rules when catching carp is to take with you as much as possible different bait.
This fish is omnivorous and is caught on all types of baits for which only white fish can be caught:
- Animal bait: worm, broom, bloodworm. The carp bites on these baits in any season, but it is especially good in spring and autumn.
- Vegetable baits are the most popular for carp fishing in the summer on the pond. These include: corn, barley, peas, various cereals, mastyrka, bread. This category can be attributed, and Boyle. Also in the southern regions, carp fishing on the bottom fishing pole is popular, where cake is used as bait.
- Boilie One of the most popular baits for carp fishing. There are different tastes, smells and sizes. Some fishermen prefer to make boilies with their own hands, rather than buying them in the store.
The most important aspect is the selection and preparation of bait. It seems that carp fishing on a paid pond seems simple, because the reservoir is stocked up and, in theory, the bite should be good. But this is not always the case. On paid ponds there is a strong fishing pressure, fishermen throw a huge amount of bait into the water and there is plenty to choose from.
Carp likes to eat a lot and is very responsive to smells. Therefore, the composition of the bait should be a lot of aromatics. So much that this amount is not required when catching another white fish. Therefore, it is rather difficult to overdo it with aromatics when fishing for carp. Fruit smells are especially attractive for large specimens.
In addition to the strong aromatics in the composition of bait must be large components – corn, pellets, chopped worm, maggots, various cereals, sliced or whole boilies.
How to choose a promising place
The choice of perspective point of catching is not less important element in carp fishing than bait. Carp does not stand anywhere in the pond, but tries to keep to certain paths and runs along proven routes. Of course, if the fish is active, then you can catch it without knowing the bottom topography. In that case, if the reservoir has little vegetation, the carp stands on deep and flat areas.
It is necessary to feed the bait in the same place, and not to scatter it at different points. Choose a landmark on the opposite bank and throw bait, aiming at it.
Do not be lazy and well study the place of fishing before fishing. Perspective places cannot be seen from the surface of the reservoir. The channel, the transition from one type of bottom to another (for example, from sandy to muddy or vice versa), the shell rock is all hidden under water. The most accessible way to explore the relief at the point of catching is to punch the bottom with a marker weight. More expensive – using an echo sounder.
Catching carp feeder
Feeder carp fishing requires patience and perseverance. Therefore, do not wait for bites every five minutes, as is the case when fishing for roach or other white fish.
Tackle for carp fishing on feeder:
- Rod length 2.7 – 4.2 meters and test from 40 to 100 grams. Long rods are needed in cases where it is necessary to make a very long cast (80-100 meters). For fishing at close and medium distances short rods are quite suitable. As for the rod test, it all depends on the size of the feeder and the casting distance.
- The coil is 3000-4000 size. It should have a good friction brake. Karp strongly resists and well-adjusted brake will help avoid annoying gatherings when driving out.
- Monofilnaya fishing line. The main one – with a diameter of 0.20 – 0.25 mm. The lead – 0.14-0.20 mm. Thin fishing line is better to use only with capricious cool. The length of the leash is from 20 to 80 cm. Braided fishing line can also be used as the main one, but due to the fact that it does not have a “memory”, more frequent gatherings of fish are possible.
- Thick wire hooks. Size – 12-6 in international numbering. The size of the hook depends on the fish bite. With the active cleve, you can put large hooks, with the capricious – smaller ones. Hooks must necessarily be only from thick wire. Straighten the thin hooks, even a small carp is not difficult. When fishing for corn, bronze-colored hooks are well caught, as they match the color of the lure.
Zaklipsovav fishing line, be sure to consider the speed of the coil. This will help to find the fed point in the event of a broken gear. Although many anglers do not recommend klipsovat fishing line, as when biting to remove it will be problematic. Instead of a clip it is better to mark the line with a bright marker or to put a rubber band.
The most popular feeder – paternoster. When capricious kleve should reduce the diameter of the leash and the size of the hook.
Fishing carp tackle
Carpfishing is not just fishing, but a whole philosophy. Its essence can be formulated in one sentence – respect for nature. Therefore, the principle of “catch-release” is dominant in such fishing. Carp fishers do not focus on the quantity of fish, but on its quality. those. trophy weight is important to them.
Particular attention should be paid to the choice of fishing place, as often fishing takes several days and the wrong place can ruin all fishing.
A large number of gear – another attribute karpfisher. Their set certainly includes the following gear:
- Fishing-rods from 3.2 to 4.2 meters long, medium-length and with dough from 100 to 200 grams. As in the case of feeder rods, the length depends on the distance of fishing. The average order is most optimal when catching carp, as it extinguishes fish jerks better than the rods of a fast action and has better range than the rods of a slow action. To measure the bottom karpyatniki used marker rod. It has a high sensitivity, thanks to which all the irregularities of the bottom are well tracked.
- Trough type method. Unlike feeder fishing, where mesh feeders are used more often, open feeders are used here.
- Monofilament line with a diameter of 0.30 – 0.50 mm.
- Thick wire hooks.
- Rod-under or stand for fishing rods. On this stand can be mounted 2-4 rods. It is equipped with electronic and mechanical signaling devices bites.
- Electronic signaling devices bites. A very handy thing when fishing for carp. The beep can be customized in different keys. This is very convenient, because by the sound you can determine on which rods the bite occurred.
- Powerful carp reels. Such coils have a large forest spool (for example, 300 meters of fishing line with a diameter of 0.30 mm can be wound onto it) and equipped with a baytranner function (thanks to it the carp will not be able to drag the rod into the water).
- Big land. Since the main task is to catch a trophy carp, the size of the net should be a match for the fish.
Particularly advanced karpyatniki nourish the place, using the boat on the radio control. With it you can, without spending a lot of effort, to feed any point on the pond. You can also deliver not only bait, but also a snap.
The most popular nozzle for such fishing is boilies. They sit down with hair accessories. Hair mounting specially invented, so as not to injure the lips of carp. Since the hook is at a distance from the bait, the carp will not be able to deeply swallow the bait. In addition, he intercepts the lower lip, where he has few nerve endings.
Fishing for carp float fishing pole
Catching carp on a float fishing rod on a pond is also a very interesting activity. Often the carp is far from the shore, where it feels safe. Therefore it is better to use match rods. They allow you to cast equipment over considerable distances, in contrast to the Bologna tackle.
In float fishing carp has its own intricacies:
- For fishing, it is better to use a monofilament line, since it has extensibility and better suppresses carp jerks when driving out. This allows you to pull out fish of almost any size.
- In order to fish at long distances, you need sliding gear.
- Starting feed must be very large. It is necessary to throw 15-20 balls of bait to the point of catching. This is done in order to attract the main flock and subsequently not to frighten her with frequent throwing of bait. Feed the fish need to point, using a slingshot.
- When driving a large carp do not hold the rod vertically, lower it to the water. Also, do not hold the rod in line with the line, otherwise the fish may break.
- If the reservoir has an even bottom, without any pits and shelters, then the carp usually shifts to the shore and feeds at the reeds. But the closer to the shore, the carp becomes more fearful, he is afraid of any noise and takes the bait very carefully.
Tackle for float fishing carp:
- Match fishing rod with a dough up to 30 grams and a length of 3.60-4.20 meters. The main line 0.2 – 0.25 mm. The lead is 0.15-0.20 mm.
- Inertia-free reel with match spool. Such a spool has a small side that allows you to make long casts with a thin line.
- Sliding Float Especially good are floats of the wagler type, which have an additional load.
- Thick wire hooks. Size 12 – 8 by international numbering.