This fish is one of the first out of hibernation and as warming begins to bite on a variety of equipment – from the classic with a float rod to the picker and easy donkey.
Fishing for carp in March is the beginning of a season long awaited by many anglers open water.
But at this time to get carp is not as easy as in the warm April or may days – requires careful selection of gear, location and time of fishing tips and baits. This is what we will discuss in this article.
Features of fishing in March, carp
In contrast to the warmer April and may, and also from the hot summer, the fishing of this fish in the first month of spring has its own peculiarities:
- The protracted winter of the month, carp can be caught with the winter gear from the ice, and the destruction of the ice shell starts to come closer to the shore and nibble on float summer fishing rods.
- In March, when fishing from the ice, the fish should look next into the pond streams, streams of melt water, close to areas with open water.
- With early and warm spring this fish can be found near reeds, reeds and other vegetation last year.
- If after the melting of the ice in March comes the lingering cold, the carp should be found in the deep areas and on the border with shoals and reed thickets.
- In March, carp should be exclusively for catching bait. Plant tips carp in this time, as a rule, take much worse.
- Bait when fishing in March is less effective – it is used in small quantities with the addition of bait (chopped worm, feed bloodworms, maggots).
- The flavours in the bait mixture added in small amounts or do not use.
All tooling for Karaseva fishing should be thin, delicate and quite durable – in the clear water carp clearly see thick fishing line and other elements of the rough tooling and less willing suitable for hook attachment.
Where to catch carp in March
As in any other time of the year, in March, one of the fundamental success factors of catching this shy and cautious fish is the right choice.
The choice at this time more on the characteristics of the reservoir than from the time of day and weather conditions.
Features carp fishing in March on a pond and a lake
The choice of fishing in ponds of stagnant water in March depends on its depth, the presence of thickets of last year’s vegetation.
- On small lakes, ponds with a depth of 3 meters this fish in March for the open water keeps the ground from grass and a depth of not more than 1.0 meter
- On large reservoirs and natural lakes carp prefers grassy bays and backwaters with depths of 1.5 metres from the Windows in the reeds
- In the case of a prolonged winter and prolonged destruction of the ice cover, the fish is held in March at depths of up to 2 metres in close proximity to dams, mouths of streams and small rivers, gullies and glades
Features carp fishing in March on the river
In contrast to ponds, lakes and ponds in rivers carp prefer at this time to such places as:
- Ditches and creeks from reeds and a maximum depth of 1.5 meters.
- Shallow backwaters and shoals with clay or muddy bottoms, flooded bushes, trees, snags.
What bite carp in March
In the spring this fish prefers different types of nozzles and baits. Consider the most successful for the best possible result.
Nozzle for carp in March
At the end of March when the warm weather carp starts along with good bait to bite on such plant tips as:
Bait for carp in March
In March and throughout the spring best carp responds to nutritional bait such as:
- worm and the Nightcrawlers;
- the larva burdock moth;
- the larva of bark beetles.
Fishing for carp in March on a float
The most common and affordable fishing tackle for carp fishing in March is a summer float rod.
Installation with a float rod
Since that time, carp are particularly fearful and cautious to the snap-in float fishing rods should fit very responsibly, carefully selecting each of its components:
- The rod – lightweight and durable centrifugal or Bologna 4-5 meters of carbon fiber or high-quality composite.
- Fishing line – monofilament colorless section 0,16-0,18 mm.
- The float – spindle-shaped or needle-shaped body, a long thin antenna and ogruzka from 0.5 to 1.5 grams. Caught in this time and at considerable distances from the shore, using sliding floats for distant casting.
- A lead with a hook length of 15-20 cm of colorless monofilament fishing line cross-section 0,14-0,16 mm, hook №10-12 (for worms and vegetable packing), No. 12-14 (bloodworms, maggots).
Ogruzka float fishing rods
Groscavallo for catching this fish in March be made in the following way:
- The bulk of the weight (2/3 of all shipping) within 30-40 cm above the attachment of the leash to the main line in the form of a sliding doors weighing up to 1.5 g , fixed on the top and bottom few pellets or silicone stoppers.
- The rest of the shipping in the form of pellets weighing 0.1-0.2 gram is below in increments of 5-10 cm up to the leash.
- To increase the sensitivity of the snap in the middle of the leash clips for the easiest shot.
Fishing for carp in March at the feeder
In addition to the float tackle when fishing for carp recently, a wide distribution feeder tackle the so-called English Donka. This tackle is a significant improvement compared to the conventional ground rod, as fishing and aesthetic pleasure from the process.
Feeder tackle on the March carp
Used for fishing feeder fishing rod fast and super fast order length 3.0-3.6 meters with a test of 40 – 60 grams.
Used spinning reels with the following specifications (coil must be selected under the rod, so that the tackle was balanced):
- Size – 2500-3000;
- Hull material – light alloy or carbon fiber;
- The number of bearings not less than 4, while 1 of them must be in line bale roller ;
- The location of the friction brakes – rear;
- The presence of the bait runner is definitely only in those places where there is a big carp or carp.
When fishing for carp on the feeder, use a thin and durable manolescu a cross section of 0.18-0.22 mm. as the drive pin material use transparent monofilament fishing line cross-section 0,14-0,16 mm. the length of the leash for fishing in the spring is 0.3-0.5 meters. Hooks when feeder fishing use of durable wire No. 12-14.
When fishing in March, carp on feeder used such types of feeder snap-ins as
Tip! As in March, the grazing is not as effective as in the rest of the spring and summer, feeders are often replaced by a suitable weight, the sinker is pear-shaped. But the initial starting SCORM will perform should definitely. In the absence of bites is to change the point of fishing and to produce SCORM. At active bite the bait should deliver more often.
Fishing for carp in March with ice jig and float rod
If the winter was long and cold catch carp and also successfully from the ice on winter gear such as winter float fishing rod and tackle mormyshka.
- The rod for carp fishing in March with ice applied the type of “balalaika” from the tube and dense foam
- Monofilament – monofilament is used with a cross-section 0,08-0,1 mm.
- Bait is for fishing use such models lead and tungsten jigs like “Pebble”; “Drop”; “Ural”; “Ant”; “Devil”.
- A nod Mylar or metal with a length of 10-12 cm.
- Nozzle – beam bloodworms, maggot, larva burdock moth.
- The place of fishing – areas with soft muddy bottom and a depth of 2 meters.
- Game – smooth low lifting jig above the bottom and pause for about 30-60 seconds.
Winter float rod
Float tackle for the March carp when fishing from the ice, especially the outstanding is different, but the nuances to pay attention to still stands:
- The rod is of the open coil and foam or cork handle, stand and durable whip with a length of not less than 20-25 cm
- Fishing line – monofilament with a cross-section of 0.1-0.12 mm
- The bait is a small jig type “Pellet”, “Drop” with a hook with a long forearm.
- Float – winter special ,bochkoobraznye with the upper part painted in bright colors.
- A nod Mylar or metal with a length up to 15 cm.
- Nozzle – beam Motyl, larva burdock moth, maggots, pieces of worm.
- The place of fishing areas close to shore, Islands of reeds, bushes with a depth of 1.5-2 meters.
- Bait – bread crumbs, cake, boiled millet and fodder Motyl. Lure of the hole, dropping them in a tightly molded balls of bait mixture.
In both! Despite the misconception that in March the fish are inactive, persistent and experienced anglers get it and it would seem unfavorable for fishing time. That success was due not so much fishing luck, how much basic knowledge needed for fishing at this time of the gear, proper equipment and application.