Despite the fact that our planet has many unique animals, no modern zoologist is unable to say with certainty what number of fauna inhabit the earth.
However, the population of some animal species has been steadily decreasing from year to year, and the reason for the barbaric man’s relationship to nature and its representatives.
The human factor and numerous natural disasters over the past decades has reduced the populations of many animal species.
To save endangered species and prevent their extinction, in 1948, established a special Commission for the protection of nature, which aims to identify rare animals and taking them under state protection. All endangered and rare species of animals decided to enter the encyclopedia of rare species of flora, which is known to all under the title Red book.
The most rare animals in the world: main categories
Animals on Earth have very little, taken under state protection and has necessarily entered in the register of the red book. If the animal gets into this book, it means that it is automatically becoming rare or endangered species and is under the protection of ecologists from around the world.
Categories of fauna that are considered rare and is listed in the list of protected
Who are these rare and endangered animals
- If we talk about rare fauna, it is the animals on the planet , there are very few. Due to adverse environmental conditions, human factors or catching a rare animal population drops sharply or is on the verge of extinction.
- As for endangered animals, it is the fauna which in the world there are few. Zoologists and representatives of protection of fauna across the planet are created all conditions for the preservation of endangered species, because if not we will take appropriate action to save the population of these fauna, in blajan a few decades they can just disappear from the face of the Earth and remain only in the pages of the red book.
- The last category is the extinct animals that have already disappeared forever from the face of the Earth, and can be read only from the encyclopedia. Over the past few decades, zoologists have been unable to find on the Planet, not a single representative of extinct species.
The main reasons why animals are disappearing all over the planet
In fact, there are some fundamental factors that are the cause of extinction of animals:
- changes in climatic conditions;
- natural disasters (floods, fires and other natural disasters);
- human factors: environmental pollution, construction of dams, deforestation, drainage of wetlands, etc.;
- the population is growing steadily, as a result, people are forced to explore new lands and settle on them. Comes elementary displacement of animals from their normal habitat;
- poaching and capture.
- the killing of animals.
If this trend does not stop, many categories of fauna are at risk to disappear in the face of the Earth forever.
The most rare animals in the world, whose number is limited
Below is a list of some of the rare varieties of wildlife species that are listed in the Red book and are under the careful protection of scientists from around the world.
- Very amazing and unique animal, whose numbers across the Land does not exceed 600 individuals is a Rothschild giraffe. The main difference from other representatives of this type lies in the fact that Rothschild has unique wide patterns on the entire surface of the skin in the form of spots, outlined with white stripes, with specific curves. In addition to this distinction, giraffes have in comparison with other canines, very high altitude, and five horns on the head – one at the center of the head, one horn located at the center of the forehead, and the other two are right behind their ears.
- A rare animal, mostly living in Eastern America, the red wolf. Their population is not more than three hundred individuals. The main danger of extinction was the human factor – the destruction of red wolves by farmers because of the constant attacks on livestock. Therefore this species is under protection and is listed in the Red book.
- Dangerous predator – the Golden tiger has a unique Golden color due to the presence of the regressive gene. The birthplace of the occurrence of this unique species of tigers were Bengal. Unfortunately, to meet the Golden tiger is still only in captivity because the population of this species has about 30-35 individuals throughout the world. Is protected by scientists and in need of rescue, as the animals are under extinction.
- The only kind of Cougars on the roster of the red book and under the constant guard of scientists, is the Florida Panther. The name of this kind received solely because of the habitat – America, Florida. The impetus that served for the extinction of the species, is a barbaric attitude of man. The species was exterminated by dogs, so that people could protect their horses, which constantly attacked by animals in search of food. Currently, the population of this species numbers more than 160 individuals, and there are positive trends towards increasing the number of Florida Cougars, made possible by the protection of this species and to control growth in population.
- Currently the most rare animals in the world – snow leopards, which are one of the largest and most powerful predators inhabiting Eurasia in the mountains. This kind of is the owner of a very long and flexible body, a small head and short legs. Is listed as rare protected animals not only in Russia but throughout the world. But even despite the fact that hunting of this species is prohibited, people ignore the laws and kill the leopards in the pursuit of money – they have a very soft and warm skins. The population of this species at large is falling from year to year. According to estimations by the world there are not more than a hundred representatives of this species. However, thanks to the good razmnozhenii even in captivity, there is a big chance that the population of snow leopards will gradually increase.
- Unique species of rhinosare on the verge of extinction – Sumatran. A distinctive feature of this species are its size – it’s the little Rhino from members of their own species. It lives exclusively in Sumatra, and less frequently on the Malay Peninsula or Borneo. According to the statistics of scientists, the number of individuals of this species not exceeding 280 rhinos. Main habitat are forests, tropical swamps. This is one of the most little-known and little-studied fauna that exists on the Planet. Animals are under the protection of scientists, however, they are unable to breed in captivity, so the species survives only in their natural habitat, and hunting is prohibited by law.
- Rare species of animals that require protection on the part of man – the white lions. Today, they take second place to reduce population. White lion was the result of a rare genetic disease called racism. It is because of the development of this mutation, the animal is purchased the color of a light shade, which distinguishes this species of tigers among the other members of the family. Not to be confused with the lions albinos is that these animals have the natural shade of the skin, the skin and eyes. For the first time about the existence of this type became known in the late twentieth century.
- Unique species of primates, living mainly in Africa – the tarsiers. Tarsier – a small animal of small size. Its main feature is that his eyes are almost the same size as his brain. Tarsiers are the owners of a small growth, which ranges from 9 to 16 see Notably, the rear legs of the animal are almost twice as long as his torso. Moreover, these animals are very active and Jumpy. Tarsiers are carnivores, they eat not only insects, but also small birds and animals. However, the population of these unique primates is in terrible condition, and to increase the number of individuals of this species can affect even scientists. The main problem consists in the fact that tarsiers are unable to breed in captivity. With regard to the numbers of this species, it does not exceed 400 individuals across the planet.
- No less rare species is the Amur leopard – an animal that lives in the Far East, North Korea and China. Considered one of the largest subspecies of the leopard family, existing on the earth. According to data collected by scientists, individuals of this species in captivity there are no more than 70. These are very flexible and graceful creatures extremely difficult to breed out. The main feature is that the males are extremely long choose the female, and in most cases reject it. The main factor that influenced the disappearance of the species – human. During the displacement and extermination of the far Eastern leopard in his natural habitat, the population of animals was kept to a minimum, but because they are on the verge of extinction.
- Perhaps one of the most rare and mythical animals today is the Przewalski’s horse. This is the last of the wild horses, which people were forced out of familiar habitat. The name of the breed comes from the name of the once famous researcher N. M. Przhevalsky. At the present time to meet this unique breed only in captivity in zoos or local parks. The total number of horses of this breed is about 1 thousand around the world.
- The mountain gorilla is a large animal of large size inhabited mostly in the tropics throughout Africa. But, despite his frightening appearance, these animals are very kind, sociable and peaceful. The extinction of species has occurred due to the destruction of the animals people. Currently, according to the data obtained from environmentalists, there are not more than 720 individuals of this species.
- Very cute and beautiful animals on the verge of extinction: North wombatsliving in North America. Refers to a large mammal. Has a rather large length of about one meter. Is the owner of a soft and dense fur is a brownish or light shade. The main reason for hunting this animal is its fur. According to the data on the ground, there are now no more than 130 individuals of this species.
- Burmese snub-nosed monkey, also considered critically endangered primates. The natural habitat of this species – the Northern part of Burma. Despite the fact that this family of primates was opened as recently as 2010, this view is already on the verge of extinction. Scientists predict that in less than two decades, the species may completely disappear from the face of the earth, if people are not all measures will be taken for the protection and conservation of this species. Today in the world there are not more than three hundred snub-nosed monkeys, named for the characteristic difference – up strongly upturned nostrils.
- Visayan warty pig has been found in red book relatively recently – about 26 years ago. The cause of the population decline over the past half century – poaching and habitat modification. Can be found only on the Islands of Panay, or Negro. This species ranked fourth in the list of the most rare representatives of the modern fauna.
- The most rare representative of the fauna is considered to be river Chinese Dolphin. The problem is that this species cannot breed in captivity, and their population is reduced independently from year to year. Poor environment and barbarous people to the animal world has led to what is currently known about the existence of not more than 13 individuals of this species. If people don’t stop to ruin the environment and destroy the animals, it will lead to the extinction of the river Dolphin, and it will be possible to learn only from the red book.
Unfortunately, there are many animals that today are at the stage of complete disappearance. And if not we will take all measures to protect the environment and the protection of fauna, the numbers will only grow, and the planet to lose unique animal.
A list of fauna species requiring emergency protection
Currently there is a huge list of various representatives of fauna listed in the red book and require protection from the people. This figure exceeds 50,000 animals.
- Polar bear – habitat, the Arctic.
- African elephant, Rothschild Giraffe and grevy’s Zebra – habitat Africa.
- The Koala bear, the platypus and the echidna – the habitat of Australia.
- Magellanic penguin and the anteater – the territory of the southern part of the United States.
- The bison and lynx – habitat Europe.
- Grizzly bear and California Condor are the natural territory of the Northern part of the United States.
- The Chinese river Dolphin, the Siberian tiger and the snow leopard – Asia.
The main task of scientists and zoologists to preserve rare species of animals and increase their population, otherwise, the world risks losing many of the unique fauna.