Who doesn’t love tacos, especially on a Tuesday? Well, don’t worry, we’re bringing you one of our favorite elk taco recipes. Not only is this recipe delicious, but it’s relatively quick to throw together and an easy mixup from the traditional tacos you may have.
This recipe was inspired by Wild Game Cuisine; www.nevadafoodies.com.
- 1 lb ground Elk Burger
- Diced cherry tomatoes
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 can diced green chillies
- Tortillas of choice
- Shredded lettuce (for topping)
- Cilantro (for garnish)
- Limes (for garnish)
- Olive oil
- Shredded cheese (for topping)
- Sour cream (for topping)
- Avocado (for topping)
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle Chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 Beer (preferably Tecate with lime)
1) Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and garlic clove in a skillet over medium heat. Add ground elk and cook until meat begins to brown. Add salt, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, chipotle pepper and cumin to the elk meat, blend until thoroughly cooked. Turn heat to low while you grill your vegetables.
2) Pre-heat barbecue to high temperature.
3) Coat onions and tomatoes with olive oil and salt. Place vegetables direct on grill. Turn vegetables as needed until they become slightly charred. While cooking your vegetables, place tortillas directly on grill and cook ~1 minute on each side until warm. Remove vegetables and tortillas from grill when ready.
4) Place tortilla on plate, add desired amount of elk burger, add onions and cooked tomato. We also like to add a few diced green chilies, lettuce, cheese and sour cream. Finally, Enjoy!