8 facts about the natural habitat of carp

In all waters carp burrows not only feed search but also the search for finding a hard bottom surface (clay). It is believed that the carp are looking for in clay the body needs minerals and salt.

However, there is a more confirmed version: carp rubs on hard and at the same time softening the surface to get rid of parasites on the body and in the gills.

Karp visited such places of purification for the entire active season.

1.The clay pit

Several times I found a dug pit depth of 50-100 cm, and they all had one similar trait – smooth, clay bottom. Not gravel, not mud, not stones, and clay. Most often the carp digging such places in the spring. Over the next months, he actively feeds it surrounded by parasites and needed a place to get rid of them. Throwing his snap even near the pit, you will get a great chance to catch the coveted fish.

2.Caves of algae.

This is one of the most curious Hairdryer-new that I met. On the surface, the cave looks like an ordinary collection of algae, but if you go down under water, you can notice that it is not so simple. Among the algae are easily discernible tunnels, and a couple times have I seen the whole maze. The labyrinth has multiple inputs or just one. I once found inside this cave three carp. It was clear that there is much more. On the “roof” often go to some seaweed with no holes, and the bottom is clean gravel/sand.

Perhaps the carp feeding right in amongst the grass brushing the bottom. Also I have found shelter from the algae, resembling carp tent. One input and tent, similar in size with the present. Not hard to guess that the carp in there feels like home. Of course, it is best to throw its head at the entrance to this cave, but there is a big problem: to find her even on the boat almost impossible.

3.Routes of carp

Not a compulsory subject for all carpatica, but I want to share my observations of minor changes in the reservoirs, where dwells a big carp. I spend a lot of time under water and find the underwater world in many ways similar to what is happening outside. I always try to understand where the carp, which places to visit, like a hunter on the trail seeks out the target. With experience comes the understanding of what is happening under the water and you’re as huntsman in the woods, notice the traces that an animal leaves. I immediately catch the eye are bent or pressed seaweed, prompting the movement of carp. Another important sign is disturbed portions of the sludge.

You can instantly understand where a carp feeds and how often. Smooth burnished areas with clay on the bottom or the old log suggest that there are fish to clean his body. But there is another subtle sign. The bottom surface of all bodies of water covered with a thin layer of silt particles, dead algae and dust. If something swam close to the bottom, upon closer inspection places can be seen a thin line like someone ran a finger. The underwater world is fascinating.

4.The layers of algae

I want to draw the line between “caves” of algae and “layers”. In the first case, this is the place where the fish feel safe. Second – where walks and is searching for food. It’s safe to say that if you notice on the pond algae, at the bottom of them much more than you can imagine. Algae are divided into different types, so each pond is different in shape, size and nature of the behavior. For successful fishing among the seaweed you need to know what lies at the bottom.

I want to note is net sites among the seaweed. Even the overgrown bodies of water across gravel or sandy coppers. You can find them with the help of careful work with a marker rod. Setting the trap in a place you can count on a good result.

5.Gravel

After Smoking from a bite alarm, the second most most pleasant to carpatica is to feel when searching for a point of catching marker ‘tuk-tuk’, which means clean gravel land, or just hard bottom. However, you should pay attention to a few things before you put that snap lie on the sand bottom. I am often faced with the fact that the fishermen recognize the gravel, while the bottom was littered with shell… and Vice versa, by the way.

Shell and gravel are very similar marker is transferred to the rod, so they are so easily confused. However, there is one slight difference in signal transmission from the shell: ‘knock knock’ occurs at a higher frequency. Spending plummet, you feel a constant vibration. The stones transmit a slower signal ‘tuk–tuk’. Distinguishing the precise nature of the bottom, you will be able to correctly adjust your final gear.

6 .Il

In carp environment, there is still a misconception that the silt is black. This misconception further stimulate the manufacturers naming the color of flood materials from the “Black sludge”. I guess most know that sludge can be divided into two simple to understand carpatica categories: “good” and “bad”. Bad sludge is one that has a strong odor of rotten eggs and in which the catch is strongly not recommended, as it contains less oxygen and no natural nutrition.

Bad sludge is really black.

In turn, a good sludge characterized by the presence of natural nutrition, absence of unpleasant smell and a much lighter shade. When it comes to mud, all could not help think of bloodworms. It involves another misconception that Joker is most often found in a thin layer of silt with the presence of a thin layer of algae. The reality is that the bloodworms can be kept in the half-meter, and sometimes in the meter layer of silt. For this reason, carp are often whole digging pits in search of treats. Returning again to the color of the sludge on the bottom of it has a distinctive hue. I came across a slightly greenish, sometimes with a predominance of yellow or orange. If you’re worried about concealing your snap-in, choosing black material among the silt, you don’t always make the right decision.

7. Shallows and drop offs.

Artificially dug careers represent for me huge interest. They are filled with various ridges, Islands, you can find deep holes and near the center of the reservoir shallow water. Plus, all the chaotic changes. Like water ask anglers a complicated puzzle, and they are often very large in size. The choice of the point of fishing is a key success factor in this reservoir. Experienced carpatica recommend to catch on the slopes of shallows where the silt and organic food.

I’m inclined to believe them, as I really noticed on the slopes is going to a specific layer of silt/fine algae that can be interesting fish. I also noticed that changes in depths occur abruptly and not smoothly. On the shore it seems that the bottom changing smoothly, but actually under water, there are entire barriers. I periodically find cancers. It should be noted that high populations of crayfish are able to change the coastal line of a reservoir for its many holes.

8. The rest

We sometimes wonder that greeted with plain lakes: the remains of buildings, shop counters, cars, telephone booths, labor would be… the only people who are not polluting! Most often, the remnants of the past caught close to the shore and I can throw you a few problems. Hard bottom might be the hood of a car, and a large difference in depth – the presence in the water of the old buildings or discarded trash. I’m not sure about to catch in such conditions, and I hope the carp is kept as far as possible from negligence of man.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *