The most popular fishing gear remains the rod for float fishing, it is practical, inexpensive and easy to use, so it is chosen by both professionals and beginners.
Since there are a lot of tackle varieties , you need to figure out which rod is best for float fishing.
- with blind accessories;
- English fishing pole;
Rods with deaf equipment
A distinctive feature of a deaf tooling is that the length of the fishing line from the rod to the hook does not change. The line is attached to the end of the fishing rod, the coil is not used. The limitation of this model is the inability to roll up the fishing line when a large fish is caught on the hook. But in the case of high-speed catch of small and medium fish, such tackle will be the most simple and convenient. Due to its simplicity, it is suitable for learning to fish. This tackle without bulky equipment and easily fit in your pocket.
The length of the rod is usually from 4 to 7 m, and the length of the equipment is shorter by 10-50 cm. The blind equipment is transported separately. Snap to the rod fasten with a short rubber shock absorber and tubules. You can make your own shock absorber and equip it with a rod, if it was not equipped for sale.
Throw these fishing rods with a wave of the hand, hence the name. Gear can vary according to the type of connection, they are divided into telescopic and plug.
A distinctive feature of this model is that the length of the rig must not exceed the length of the rod by more than 1 meter. This provides convenience in the process of fishing, as long fishing line is more difficult to throw, and catch fish even more difficult.
Flywheel lengths from 3 to 12.5 m. Longer ones are less common, they usually have a thicker knee, and attach it with a plug-in method, thus increasing the length of the rod.
Fly fishing rods are distinguished by the fact that they do not have feed rings and reels. They have either deaf float accessories, or they have small spools on which fishing lines are stored. There are also models with 2-4 small rings on a whip.
Another distinctive feature of such rods is their low weight, this will allow throwing the bait more accurately, repeatedly and for a long time.
The weight of the flywheel variety is three times less than that of the usual one, despite the same indicators. It is precisely flywheel rods that are most often used during active fish biting, as they provide a high frequency of casts. Fish is fed abundantly, and then quickly caught.
The following types are distinguished from fly fishing rods:
- standard (the most popular class: their length reaches 13 m, they have average power and are designed for medium and small fish);
- biting (used at competitions for fish bleak, also suitable for catching any other small fish from 1 to 4 m in length, can be plug-in and telescopic);
- powerful carp rods (length – 7-14 m, suitable for large fish, while fishing they use special racks).
English fishing pole
It is also called match. The length of 3-6 m, is equipped with a coil, a light float and a thin fishing line.
In turn, the English variety is divided into two types:
- waggler rod (length – 4 m, gently bends down to the holder, has a small diameter (0.1 mm), but, despite this, has sufficient strength. Instead of fishing line, you can use monofilament, catch on this gear in the lake);
- stick (more durable, solid construction, used for river fishing).
Pros of English fishing poles:
- long-range casting;
- you can catch small and large fish;
- different nozzles and shock absorbers are suitable;
- suitable for both professional and novice.
They differ in structure and length, which allows you to make a long-distance cast and catch fish from great depths.
- fishing rod;
- Inertia-free coil;
The length of the rod is 3.6-4.8 m. The type of connection is often plug-in, also found telescopic.
- possibility of fishing at long distances;
- the greatest effect at shallow depths;
- silent dive bait;
- catching unique instances.
- big weight;
- fishing thread can often get tangled.
This is a long float tackle without rings, whose length is 10-18 m. There may be longer models, but these are isolated cases. Differs in unique fastening of equipment. Inside the form is a stub, to which the rubber is fixed to a length of 3 m. This ensures the use of equipment with a thin line. This design is designed for cushioning when cutting and catching large fish.
Due to the sensitivity of the form, the fisherman will have an idea of the bottom relief, the presence of stones, silt, grass on it, and the horizontal position of the planting rig will allow fishing over hanging trees, next to the bushes. You can also throw a snap at the desired point and feed the fish.
The length of the rod for float fishing should be at least 2-3 m.
- lungs (weight up to 150 g, length – 3 m);
- medium (weight – 250 g, length – 5 m);
- heavy (weight – from 250 g, length over 5 m).
- slow (suitable for catching strong fish with tender lips);
- fast (suitable for quick sweeps);
- very fast.
Rod test: this indicator describes the weight of the bait that the model can handle. The average float rod test 5-25 g.
There are a large number of materials from which fishing rods are made. Traditionally, it is aluminum, stainless steel, wood, bamboo.
The more popular are:
- fiberglass (such rods are relatively inexpensive and easy to use, but heavy and with low sensitivity);
- carbon (carbon fiber). It has excellent sensitivity, low weight, each such rod corresponds to a specific module of graphite content (M1, M2, etc.). The higher the graphite content, the higher the rigidity and reaction speed of the rod, but at the same time its brittleness increases;
- composite (such models are made of carbon fiber with the addition of fiberglass, they are moderately hard, with medium fragility and long range).
Rod Selection Rules
You need to choose a rod by the following parameters:
- operation – a temporary state of the rod under load. If, after a load, it instantly assumes the previous state, which is called a very fast system, and if longer it is a slower system. The rod with the correct system, if the load is suspended from its top, will be bent smoothly. The bend should not be the same over the entire surface, but grow from the bottom to the top, without fractures and stiff points;
- buying a snap better in a safe place. On the rod itself, as a rule, its length, weight of casting, class are indicated. By casting weight is meant the maximum mass of artificial bait, which is acceptable when using a rod to form a spinning rod or rod with a long cast;
- the weight of the rod itself is also important, it should be seen in the accompanying documents. Qualitative fishing-rods with rings, have an inscription containing information about their types. After studying all the stickers you need to carefully inspect the integrity of the rod. The rod should bend in all directions equally, there should be no squeaks and rattling;
- you need to slightly wave the rod, stopping the movement parallel to the floor, if it does not freeze, and, having bent, touches the floor, it means that it is too whipy, such a rod will not be suitable for the first fishing rod.
Rating fishing rods worth up to 2,000 rubles for float fishing:
- Mikado Fish Hunter Float 500 (best test score up to 30 g);
- Salmo Taifun Ultima 500 Telerod (high-quality production, makes heavy loads);
- Black Hole Powerful 500 (simple and reliable operation, great practicality);
- Maximus Sorcerer Bolo STEGT600 (universal equipment and a high degree of reliability);
- Shimano Alivio CX TE 5-600 (light weight – 327 g, with a good load indicator);
- Shimano Nexave AX TE GT 7-450 XH (large test range 30-100 g, especially heavy class).
Maximus Sorcerer Bolo STEGT600
Rod length for float fishing – 6 m, weight of miniature carbon blank – 430 g.
On the rig set 8 rings, two of which are unloading, they evenly distribute the load from the tip over the top of the form. In the configuration there is a cap for drying and maintenance, it ensures reliability and performance.
Shimano Alivio CX TE 5-600
Especially low blank weight – 327 g, which did not affect the endurance and strength of the rod. Medium order regularly works on podsekanie as a little slow fast. The load characteristic fully shows itself throughout the test with a range of 4-20 g. A small defect of this Japanese model is the absence of unloading and crossing rings, but this did not affect the high demand among consumers.
Shimano Nexave AX TE GT 7-450 XH
This is the only representative among especially heavy rods with dough of an incredible range from 30 to 100 g. Therefore, due to the specifics of its use, only professionals can cope with it. The weight of this model is 301 g, this result was achieved due to the material of the blank – this is high modulus graphite XT60. Rods optimally suited to catch large fish, such as carp, carp.
Salmo Diamond Pole Light MF 7.01
The length of the fishing rod is 5 m, the weight is 215 g, and with a length of 7 m the weight is 405 g. The material is IM7 carbon fiber. The rod has a counterweight in the butt, but it can be held for a long time without getting tired. Medium speed, medium hardness – these characteristics allow you to make an accurate cast, as well as to fish in overgrown reservoirs. The test is in the range of 3-15 g. This model is especially popular among lovers of larch fishing, rudd and roach. Catching on it is possible, without letting go of the hands, so a suitable balance and low weight make this tackle the best option.
Norstream Flagman Pole FLPM-500
Rod length – 4.8 m, transport length – 120 cm, weight – 235 g, it is made of carbon, without rings. This model belongs to the middle class of power; it is rigid and fairly light in use. Suitable for catching rather large fish. This gear has a combined upper knee, and a one-piece whip is installed in its tubular butt section.
The most famous manufacturers
- Model brand Black Hole Galaxy uses for fishing for large fish. Manufacturing country – South Korea. The cost of production is rather low.
- Milo Relix, this brand is in great demand due to its technical characteristics, and the most famous model Milo Relix 2000 is used mainly for fishing with a weight of less than 2.5 kg.
- The Japanese manufacturer Shimano Technium is widely known in other countries. His model Shimano Technium BX TE 2-600 has an affordable price and excellent quality. It is noteworthy that it is also suitable for beginners.
- G.Stone manufactures a successful series of Samurai series, which includes flywheel and Bologna rods, their length is 4-6 m. Despite the quality characteristics, the price is quite reasonable.
- Globe New Hunter, the country of origin is China, products are notable for their affordable price and decent quality. These rods are ideal for both beginners and experienced anglers.
- Salmo is popular among products for fishing, recreation and tourism. Its products are high quality and reliable. It is widely known as a manufacturer and supplier.
You can buy equipment for float fishing on Internet sites where you can immediately select the search parameters: price, length, weight. But it is better to buy in specialized stores, where sales assistants will prompt and select the appropriate model. This is especially important if the buyer is a novice and does not yet understand the rigging, since some models are only for professionals.