This brand of alloy tool material widely used in the manufacture of household tools and parts manufacturing for a variety of industrial sectors (e.g. mechanical engineering).
To date, buy blades of steel KH12MF is quite simple, as they are sold in any specialty store.
What are the peculiarities of the creation blades?
The technological process is performed based on the GOST and TU.
Such a blade consists of an alloy of various metals:
Their presence affects the characteristics of the finished blade of steel KH12MF. His strength, durability, anti-corrosion ability, sharpness. Annealing is usually carried out at a temperature of 950ᵒС. The process of forging, heat treatment, aging is quite complicated, however there are professionals which with pleasure are engaged in manufacturing of blades of steel KH12MF. Fundamental elements – chromium (12%) and carbon (1,5%).
Advantages and disadvantages
Such swords are very popular among fishers and hunters as blade possess many positive traits.
Here are some of them:
- for a long time remain sharp, even after prolonged contact with the tree;
- the resistance to corrosion.
After proper processing and sharpening increases the cutting ability of a knife of steel KH12MF. It should also be said about one moment. These products are characterized by high indicators of hardness (reach 63 units). Such setting suggests that the blades are rigid and quite brittle. It is therefore not recommended to throw them. The blades of steel KH12MF has gained great popularity among the hunters who prefer to engage in such fishing in extreme conditions. Small blade copes with its task perfectly sharpened.
How to sharpen?
If you use any blade you first need to see how it can be sharpened if anything.
Largely to care for the blades of steel KH12MF more difficult than for ones, but you will not encounter difficulties if you will know the features of the process.
- It is best to use special diamond abrasive/bakelite/ceramic/natural stone. The bar needs to be longer than the blade and not have chips.
- The process is performed under an angle of 30-35°. Depending on the situation, you can change it, but remember that the smaller it is, the more careful should be the cutting edge in the future.
- Your movements should be smooth.
- It is possible to make the polishing blade of steel KH12MF using diamond paste.
If you doubt that you will be able to sharpen your blade, at the beginning of the experiment on a different product. If necessary, consult a professional.