A twister is called a silicone or rubber bait, the size of which can vary from 0.5 to 18 cm. The twister differs from other baits by its tail, it is usually in the shape of a crescent. Another feature is the ribbing of the calf, but here it can be completely different, and sometimes all its varieties are present on the same bait.
The main differences from the twister vibrotail
It is possible to distinguish visually a twister from a vibrotail by the following features:
- externally, the vibrotail is more like a fish;
- Twister has a crescent tail, another silicone model most often ends in a patch;
- on the body of the vibrotail near the tail there are slots for better vibration, the twister does not have this feature.
Interesting! The twister does not look like anything from the pike’s diet, but it is this form that attracts toothy.
The difference in size between baits may not be at all, as vibrotail, and twister can be miniature and large size.
Pike fishing on a twister will be successful only if the bait is chosen correctly and an intelligent installation is made. But first you need to be able to choose exactly the version of silicone that fits better.
Distinguish twister on a predator for such indicators:
- the size;
- the presence of spangles and blotches.
In addition, every angler should know that this type of bait is divided into regular and from a series of edible silicone. For the production of the second option using strong attractants, which are added to the fused silicone in sufficient quantity. That is why, after posting a twister, a whole odorous plume forms behind it, which will point the way to the predator to the bait.
For some anglers, color is irrelevant; they look at the ribbing and size of the lure. Others choose precisely in color. As practice shows, the twister on a pike in the fall most successfully works in acid colors, namely, preference should be given:
- bright green;
- engine oil;
But also other colors will be evident, it often happens that the most primitive color becomes the most lucky color when fishing.
Natural colors will also work well, when choosing a bait color, it is worth being guided by the characteristics of the reservoir, namely the turbidity of the water:
- for transparent use more soothing natural colors;
- In turbid water, brightly colored acidic and two-flower flowers work best.
The catchy twisters on the pike are usually of medium size, about 7 cm . This size will be able to swallow both the average predator and larger specimens.
Tip! Do not be afraid of large baits, pike boldly go in pursuit of the bait is half the size of yourself, and the size of 1/3 in general will be perfect.
But the time of the year will be largely decisive for the choice of size.
|Spring||small twisters up to 5 cm long|
|summer||use a larger form of bait, up to 8 cm|
|autumn||more baits are used to catch trophy specimens, 8-12 cm will be ideal options during this period|
|winter||it is preferable to use a small twister, the maximum 3-4 cm|
Often in the arsenal of anglers you can see transparent and translucent silicone bait. Most of these options will be from a series of edible, but in the usual there are such models. They work well, in sunny weather passing sunlight through their bodies are displayed in the water with different highlights. On cloudy days, such a lure will also look attractive, but in terms of efficiency it will still be inferior to the natural colors.
Important! Silicone baits with a light accumulative effect are used quite often, each spinningist should have several of these.
Sequins and blotches
In the autumn period and in winter, the twisters will work perfectly, but for this you should choose the options with sparkles and patches in the main color. The choice is to stop at:
- blue glitter;
- golden glitter;
- green glitter;
- black blotches;
- red interspersing.
In addition, it is worth paying special attention to models in which there are two colors and more. An excellent option are twisters with different color of the calf and tail.
How to catch
The color of the twister for pike fishing was chosen, but the success of fishing depends not only on this. A great role will be played by the correct installation of the bait for each reservoir and options for posting.
Attract the attention of a predator will be able to bait, which will not only imitate the inhabitants of this reservoir, but also be able to create specific sound effects. To do this, you must be able to choose and then assemble the installation.
Installation for twister do several ways:
- through the usual jigolovku, this is the simplest option. The hook, filled with the load, is inserted into the body of the bait through the head as if dressing the stocking exactly in the middle, while it is important to choose the hook of the desired size. In finished form, the hook should go out just before the tail.
- Make in the form of nezatsepleyki for fishing places with vegetation and near the logs. For this purpose, an offset hook with a collapsible cheburashka is used, the assembly is called articulated. The offsetset is inserted through the head, it is simply pierced through, then the hook is brought closer to the tail so that the sting is released on the back, and only the arc remains on the tummy.
- Installation with a double is popular in the spring, it is done in a special way. A double hook is slung backwards through the back, towards the head. Further, the cheburashka will be suitable as an ogruzka, you can use the bait with such an installation without a load at all.
- Twister is also collected on the usual hooks in the form of a track, while catching is carried out on a diversion leash. The cargo is fixed below the bait and held along the bottom, and the bait is played in the water column.
Most recently, a completely new installation appeared, called Tokyo Rig. The installation is very similar to the diverter lead, there is also a separate sinker, and the bait is fixed slightly higher, while they are on the same vertical. In fishermen such a montage is called Chupa-Chups, it is produced both independently and factory-made.
Fishermen with experience know that successful pike fishing on a twister depends on proper wiring. For each snap you need to be able to pick up exactly the rhythm that the predator would like in this reservoir.
Therefore it is worth knowing and applying such subtleties:
- A jig-head assembly is used for bottom fishing, so immediately after casting, you must wait until the bait is fully laid down. Next, make several turns with the coil handle in order to raise the bait from the bottom, then another pause. This type of wiring is called stepped and is used specifically for fishing the bottom of the reservoir.
- A twister with an offset holder will work fine in a bobbin and in water lilies, for this purpose they use lingering wiring.
- Equipped with a twin twister is used in places with the least probability of hooks, so you can apply a variety of wiring.
It is not necessary to focus on one version of the bait in a particular reservoir, often in order to interest the predator it is necessary to show many skills in spinning. If the pike does not respond to the bait, it may be worthwhile to introduce moments of twitch or increase the pauses between lifting the bait.
Capturing pike on a tweeter has a lot of secrets, and fishermen usually come to them over the years, when they accumulate enough experience. However, a beginner may know some subtleties; it is them that we will open now:
- When installing a twister on a jig head or a single hook, it is best to drop some glue on the base of the face, so the lure will not slide off when wiring.
- Before going fishing, you need to buy bait, the top 10 manufacturers are: Manns, Relax, Reins, Megabass, Curltail, Mikado, Bass Assassin, Ponton 21, Fanatik, Acktiv.
- When choosing a jig head, it is worthwhile to choose the right weight, otherwise it will be very difficult to catch the bottom.
- Catching a walkway with several diversions is based on the combination of short and long leashes, they need to be assembled so that it looks like in water like a flock of fry.
- Chupa-chups are caught not only with a twister, you can also equip a vibro-tail.
- It is better to use fluorocarbon as leads in spring and summer, and to replace it with strong steel in autumn.
- In spring and summer, acidic plants work better, but in the autumn it is better to give preference to natural colors.
Using the correct wiring and picking up the bait, every angler will surely have a predator’s catch. A twister on a pike will always be a worker, he will attract her attention at any time of the year.