Rabbit production sooner or later begins to engage the majority of farmers. Rabbits attract attention with their simplicity, they do not require complex and expensive care, and for just a short time their number can increase several times.
The only condition for successful rabbit breeding is the availability of specially equipped cells.
Such models can be purchased in stores, but you can make it at home with your own hands.
Cages for rabbits with his hands
There are several advantages of manufacturing their own hands:
- Buying in store will cost quite expensive, and independent production in the home does not require such a significant financial outlay.
- To make the rabbit Hutch is quite simple, and its production does not require a large number of the simplest materials and tools, most of which are available or for little money can be purchased at any hardware store.
- Purchase design is not the key to a successful acquisition, as the ease of its operation will only be revealed after purchase.
- With self-manufacturing in advance takes into account the characteristics of the installation location and age of the Pets.
- There is always a possibility of alteration, alteration of structural elements.
What are the cages for the rabbits
Today there are many options for making cages for rabbits with his hands. Regardless of the type of kennel and the materials used, they all have a number of compulsory elements: frame; floor, ceiling and walls; doors for care.
As a skeleton in most cases the timber. When the casing frame can be used plywood, wire mesh, boards.
There are the following types of structures;
- classic cells with cells, or without it;
- single and two storey designs;
- design of cages for of the ability range;
- cells Mikhailova, I. N.;
- cells Zolotukhina N. I.
What designs are most popular
More design Mikhailov are among the most difficult to manufacture, but the most advanced. In fact, such models are small farms, so as provide for the possibility of ventilation, heating of the liquor and drinkers.
Each design is equipped with unique waste removal systemthat allows you to bulking them into a single container. To manufacture this design, it is not recommended to proceed without proper knowledge of materials.
More models Zolotukhin involve the use instead of a grid for a floor of plywood or a flat slate. In this design the pallet is missing. Waste disposal is due to the special design of the floor, which is set at a slight angle. While the rear wall is mounted a mesh width of 10 to 20 cm through the mesh and the o wastes of rabbits.
Zolotukhin design provides for ease of maintenance of Pets tipping the trough. Pregnant females cannot accommodate the presence of a specially designed socket. At the right time with Board fenced off part of the premises, which places a large amount of hay. It is believed that the female herself, if necessary, make yourself a comfortable nest of hay.
What to consider in the manufacture
There are several important nuances that must be considered when making designs with their hands, so that later no problems.
In the manufacture you should consider the following rules:
- Rabbits are rodents, so the wooden frame of the inner part of the room is desirable to protect the metal, that allow to extend the structural life of 10 years.
- Cannot be used to protect wooden components antiseptic preparations, since the presence of such means in the body of Pets is their poisoning.
- The rear wall of the structure always is deaf, since the keeping of rabbits drafts is unacceptable.
- Paul recommended mesh or bars with gaps of 0.5-1 cm, since such construction is falling down feces, thus facilitating the cleaning process.
Should take into account the peculiarities of location of the installation design. The place must be protected from strong winds, as rabbits do not tolerate drafts. Desirable to establish cells in the open areas facing South, so in summer the animals will constantly experience excessive heating.
The roof should be securely protected from moisture, so when you install on the street recommended as a roofing material to use is slate. It is not necessary to use a metal coating, so in the sunlight it will be hot and will cause discomfort for the animals.
A necessary requirement to the cells
The fundamental rule of successful breeding rabbits is the content in each cell only same-sex animals of approximately the same age and weight.
Adult animals are placed in a single-section or two-section areas. Pregnant females and females with young rabbits are placed in special structures with liquor.
All the details of the internal construction of the cells should be smooth and secureso the animals could get hurt and hurt herself. When designing cells for the maintenance of females and young rabbits, it is recommended to insulate the walls of the nests of any insulating material.
The insulation necessary to isolate the film, which will allow the material to leave the water. If desired, the uterine compartment can hold a heating system that will save the offspring in a period of low temperatures.
Materials for manufacturing cells
List of required materials depends on the design drawing.
In most cases, you use the following materials:
- To form the framework takes bar of size 50×50 mm.
- For the cladding design of the grid with cells of 25×25 mm or thin plywood.
- Floor grid with cells of 25×25 mm or 10×25 mm.
- Self-tapping screws.
- Fastening for doors.
The recommended structural dimensions
Beginning farmers should know that for the breeding of rabbits is not enough a single cell. For successful breeding you must have at least three cells. With a large number of rabbits is recommended to make double cage with accommodation on two floors, which saves space and materials.
Experienced breeders recommend doing cages for rabbits with the following dimensions:
- Young animals are kept in small groups and one animal should be at least 0.12 m2 square, recommended length of the Assembly must be 200-300 cm long, 100 cm wide, with a height of 35-60 cm
- Adult rabbits minimum cage length should be at least 140 cm and the optimal length 210-214 cm, the width of the space of 60-70 cm and a height of 50-70 cm
- House for lactating females and offspring has a special construction, involving the presence of the cells and 0.4×0.4 m, total height 20 cm, equipped with a small entrance, 10-15 cm from the floor level.
- Specific breeds of large size should be kept in cages slightly larger than standard, the width of this cell should be not less than 0.75 m, height 0.55 m, length 1.7 m
Frame cages for rabbits is built on legsthat can facilitate further work on cleaning the wastes of Pets. Recommended leg height for cells in the room is 35 cm recommended leg height for cells outside of 70-100 cm
Options cell production
When you select a production version should consider the following: age characteristics of Pets; number of livestock; the specific characteristics of breeds of rabbits; conditions of detention.
The easiest variant cells with liquor. Design implies the existence of pairs of cells, which is a great solution to significantly save material and space in the room. The basis is a frame of 3×0.7 meters, a height of the front of 1.2 meters and a height of 1 meter back. The edges of the design capacity of the cells.
To work you need the following materials:
- 2 sheets of thin plywood the size of 1.5×1.5 meters and a thickness of 10 mm;
- 10 pieces of bars 30×50 mm, length 3 meter;
- 3 meters metal mesh 15×15 mm;
- screws 30 mm and 70 mm.
- Assemble the frame on the legs according to the drawing.
- Fasten the grid in the lower part of the structure, while the grid-side of the cells can not lead to the end of the frame, as the edges of the structure will be automatic with a floor of plywood.
- From the plywood we cut the back wall and attach with screws.
- Formed the premises of liquor. It is necessary to attach the vertical bar, the wall and make a hole. To attach the bars and roof of the liquor.
- Produce the trough. To do this in the middle of the design of the dockable bar to which is attached the trough 2 with a height of 7 cm, a width of 30 cm as a guide trough fixed on two bars at a distance of 20 cm.
- Set in close proximity to the main feeder the hay feeder, making it from steel wire.
- Close the upper part of the structure with plywood. On the roof, make a small hole for planting hay.
- Formed doors with timber of size 30 x 50 cm and wrap the base mesh. Fasten the door on the frame.
Traditional cages with their hands
Bunk cells are easy to manufacture and easy to operate. Traditional cages for rabbits includes the following sizes: for the detention of young rabbits 50x70x30 cm; for the detention of adults – 50x100x30 see
For production need blocks, plywood, mesh and mounting materials. Design implies the existence of backyard space and a deaf cavernin which rabbits can optionally hide. The height of the cage is 55 cm, back 30 cm.
The length of the cage is 50 cm wide and 50 cm length. The box is made with a length of 25 cm and a width of 50 cm, the Box is sheathed with sheets of plywood, and the front side is attached a small door. From the paddock is a small hole 17×17 cm
The bottom cage is attached to the mesh, allowing free passage through it of waste. The bottom of each cell is recommended to make a pallet.
One of the most simple and cheap fabrication of cells with their hands. This design is suitable for keeping in a warm room with no drafts. Advantage of its use is simplicity and accessibility for sanitary works.
To make the design from the following materials:
- for the walls and top of a grid of 2.5×5 cm;
- for the floor grid of 2.5×3.5 cm;
- bars or metal corners.
The manufacturing process is reduced to the formation of a framework of bars or metal corners according to the dimensions of the drawing and stretching around the perimeter of the grid. Leg length should be 50 to 70 cm For pet care above the cap, which also is covered with mesh.